Debadging question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTTahoe251

Reaction score
hello everyone new to the forum....i just picked up an 09 tahoe about 2 weeks ago...dose anyone know if the badges have holes behind them...i would like to know this befor i do anything.....

thankz for the help...

USMC1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, the "TAHOE" emblems on the front doors/rear hatch and the "LS,LT,LTZ" emblems on the side do not have holes. They are only held on by 3M adhesive. They can be removed by the heating method. Unless something has changed on the 09 models. Hope this helps.

USMC1102

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take some pics to convince my wife. lol I'm trying to talk her into letting me de-badge her hoe.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha its easy to get them off, persuadely pull them off gentley and then spray the adhesives with clear coat safde Bug and Tar remover, let it soak for 45 minutes and BAm its all off with no ghosting!
Wife will like it, I took off evrything but the FlexFuel badge, GM badges and chevy bowites!

hajie

Reaction score
I have a 02 yukon want to do the same is there holes at the back of those one?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 02 yukon want to do the same is there holes at the back of those one?

I don't think there are any holes. Best way to tell is to see if you can wiggle it a little which tells you that it's 3M trim tape.