Diablo Predator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gundog

Reaction score
After much research I decided on the Diablo Predator for my 2007 Yukon 5.3 flex. I purchased it online from TruckCustomizers and received it in two days. They had the best price I could find at $311.22. Currently there is a sale on the Diablo.

What I really like best about the Diablo is the ability to fine tune the installed tunes and/or the factory tune. You can get a running log of the tuning parameters and there results, then download the log to to your computer and after downloading an available program, you then can fine tune the tune to your specific vehicle. Not only do you see the various paremeters of the tune and there results for your particular vehicle, there is a program that will assist you by making any reccomendations of what may need improvement. With the Diablo you have much more control and ability to get a tune taylored to your specific vehicle. You can also keep it connected to your vehicle and get a running log of more paremeters that you would ever care to monitor but no pod is provided to mount it. The flexibility fo the Diablo is more important to me. Also the customer service and support is great. Check out their website and forum. There is much to be learned there.

I 'm really impressed with the Diablo thus far and very pleased with my decision to buy it. Currently I have the tune set on the 87 octane tune to give me the best mileage and I'm in the process of checking the improvements. So far the DIC has shown my mileage to have increased but need to run through at least one tank to be more confident in the results.

Last edited:

gundog

Reaction score
With the 87 tune I'm getting about a 1.5 mpg improvement. Have not tried it yet with the higher octane tune which should improve the mileage further as well as the performance. I have yet to really fine tune the injector slope (LTFT) for my particular vehicle which I have the ability to do. However, I have to be pretty darn close as it is now with the canned tune.

Check out Diablo's web site, a wealth of information on the forum about adjusting for maximum performance. Read the stickies on the forum and a number of questions you may have should be answered. I'm very pleased with mine.

gundog

Reaction score
Just ran another test for the mileage and really can't say there was any difference from stock as far as mileage goes this time. More power though with the 87 tune but not much this time for the mileage. could be because of a number of factors so will continue with the testing. I will be trying the higher octane gas and tune after I run this tank of gas out.

gundog

Reaction score
With the performance tune and 91 octane I get at least a 2 mpg increase and after a couple of tanks of the 87 octane I have determined that the mileage increase is at least a 1 mpg increase. I would really need to test the mileage over a few tanks of gas on each the 87 and 91 octane to be more accurate. As you probably already know, driving into a strong headwind can have a significant affect on your mileage in a Yukon or Tahoe. My driving to and from work is 60 miles of highway driving in hills and often with windy conditions so the conditions are not always the same which can skew the results.

There is definetly an improvement in performance which you can feel. I also can do some more fine tuning with the Predator of the adjustable parameters to possibly improve things more.

Luis

Reaction score
Ok I ordered the dang thing from TruckCustomizers. Better work or Im kicking somebody arse.... :smilielol:

gundog

Reaction score
It works but I hope you are computer literate in order to take full advantage of it. Read their website and the stickies that pertain to the GMC gas version of the Dablo so you will have a better understanding as to how to make the best use of it and what programs yoiu can download to help with your tuning.

Luis

Reaction score
The one I ordered came in monday but Im offshore right now. Gonna take a road trip up to memphis for the Pump Gas drags. Cant wait to see how she does... Will let yall know...

Luis

Reaction score
Ok here's the deal. Went up to Memphis,Tn fri night (For the Pump Gas Drags[that sucked]) after the Diablo 87 tune. Cant really say if it helped out on fuel mileage because I had 3 other grown men with overnight bags, 2 icechest, and other goods and items but..... I do my Hoe will do 120mph plus now. HEHE... To me thats worth the price I paid for it.
Sunday moring I headed down to Gulfshoes Al to meet my family. I drove "normal". Average miles per gallon are up from 16.5 to 19.5. And I did stick an K&N airfilter in it before I left. May have helped some...

Luis

Reaction score
Im stupid on this one but whats torque management thing your talking about?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the computer limiting the initial torque to lessen drivetrain wear. It's what makes it feel like a dog off the line.

gundog

Reaction score
are you able to in and take off torque management?

Not at this time but Diablo will be coming out with an update that will enable you to adjust TM. This update will be available via the internet soon I hope.
A number of people are waiting on this update but for me, I will leave TM as it is since its purpose is to protect your drive train.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not at this time but Diablo will be coming out with an update that will enable you to adjust TM. This update will be available via the internet soon I hope.
A number of people are waiting on this update but for me, I will leave TM as it is since its purpose is to protect your drive train.

keep us updated on when it comes out, i might be interested in getting one to replace my edge if you can adjust the tm.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the edge did adjust the torque management, you are saying it doesn't?

gundog

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the edge did adjust the torque management, you are saying it doesn't?

Yes, but only on the U7194 which is for 2007-2008 Yukons and Tahoes, it is not currently available, but will available as an update near future.

Flapjack

Reaction score
Hey everyone. New to the forums, but not new to Tahoes and GMs in general.

I'm not a tuning guru by any means, but I've been tuning my custom 05 Mustang that I put a 5.4L V8 in. So don't necessarily take what I'm saying as gospel, but I do know that LTFTs are not the same as injector slope. The injector slope IS a tunable area, but LTFT (long-term fuel trims) are a table that is learned by the PCM based on the short-term fuel corrections (STFTs) it's done over a period of time. You cannot edit that. In fact, you should not be messing with the injector slope at all, as it is specific your type/size injectors. Unless you've changed your injectors to a larger size, you shouldn't be messing with this.

I have, however, seen people disable "adaptive learning". This is only if they've gotten their STFTs perfect, though. I still question what (if anything) there is to gain from this, though.

If you want to clean up your STFTs, and subsequently your LTFT, you'll have to make minor changes to your (mass air transfer function) MTF. You have to be really careful there as well, as it's a graph that addresses different ranges of RPM. So if you're trims are a little high one way or the other at idle, you shouldn't mess with the whole MTF... just the area that needs cleaned up.

With the 87 tune I'm getting about a 1.5 mpg improvement. Have not tried it yet with the higher octane tune which should improve the mileage further as well as the performance. I have yet to really fine tune the injector slope (LTFT) for my particular vehicle which I have the ability to do. However, I have to be pretty darn close as it is now with the canned tune.

Check out Diablo's web site, a wealth of information on the forum about adjusting for maximum performance. Read the stickies on the forum and a number of questions you may have should be answered. I'm very pleased with mine.

Luis

Reaction score
Still running along just fine at 75k miles on the clock with the Diablo...