Do I buy it???? 2005 Yukon XL SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

happycamping

Reaction score
Okay, my husband and I are testing/thinking of buying a 2005 Yukon XL SLT. It is fully loaded but the navigation. I love the vehicle. I am just wondering if they are asking too much! They are asking $19,995! The vehicle has 47,000 miles on it.

Are we crazy?

Here is the kicker, their online price still says $17,000 after I told them yesterday I wanted that price they told me that was a mistake. 24 hours later it is still saying that. Should I demand that price?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, my husband and I are testing/thinking of buying a 2005 Yukon XL SLT. It is fully loaded but the navigation. I love the vehicle. I am just wondering if they are asking too much! They are asking $19,995! The vehicle has 47,000 miles on it.

Are we crazy?

Here is the kicker, their online price still says $17,000 after I told them yesterday I wanted that price they told me that was a mistake. 24 hours later it is still saying that. Should I demand that price?

sounds nice, that price you saw online is probably (look at the fine print) after all offers. But im not sure, if it isnt, then demand that price, print it out and show them, GOOD LUCK!!!

Kontohoe

Reaction score
Walk away unless you get the $17,000 price. There are and will be even more of this type of vehicle for sale now and in the near future due to the increasing cost of fuel. Play hard to get is my advice.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the SUV market in the toilet, i bet you can pick up that truck for 16500.00 They pulled the same thing with me when i bought my Yukon....

***DONT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM LONESTAR GMC IN MCKINNEY, TX***

...call in and ask for internet sales. you will get the 17k price, but you ALWAYS have room to bargain. I paid 18400.00 for my 04 Yukon (loaded except nav) last August. Same mileage as yours. The SUV market is crap right now, so you should be able to get a better deal now... just constantly complain about the gas mileage when you are in the dealership. Goodluck!!!

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Print it and ask for that price. If they say no, more will come with the gas prices sky high. I paid 16,900 for my Yukon 2wd SLE with 67,000 on the clock in '05 when gas was just peaking at the $2.00 range. With gas in my area at $4.67 a gallon, I bet deals for SUV's are even nicer.

I bought a car years ago with a price in the paper way cheaper than the dealer had and they honored it and walked away with a great car at the price ADVERTISED, regardless of a typo or not. Talk to the manager.

Good luck

Aaron

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could buy a denali for 20k, offer them 16 and give them your number to call once it sits on the lot for months.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately (and fortunately), the Denali has an AWD 6L. I know we are all suffering at the pump, but when you have the Denali drive train you are in even worse shape. I started off looking for a Denali until I found out how thirsty it actually is... I LOVE the Denali, but 11mpg... I cant hang.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine gets 15 dropped with the cruise set at 65. The only reason I bought the denali was for the 6.0, 5.3 won't cut it up here.

sfberto

Reaction score
I bought my 2004 Yukon SLT with 40k in January of this year and came across the same pricing mistake from the dealer. It was listed on the internet for $17,995 and when I came to look at it they had it stickered for $21,995. I walked away and demanded the $18,995 price. After several hours I drove off the lot with my Yukon for get this $16,550. the key thing is to walk away more than once. At least 2-3 times worked for me.
Good Luck

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bargain with them...the Suburbans/Yukon XLs have a 30-gallon tank so not many want to buy a car that takes $120 to fill up. They'll deal with you because they probably stiffed the guy that traded it in and have a nice profit built in.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to steal one right now, my 2008 Z71 has dropped $18k in the six months that I've had it and my 2004 has been steadily dropping $1000 every month for the last two years :eek:. Good thing I'm not needing to sell one...

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make them aware you know its a buyers market. When I bought mine, I traded a Sebring with 140K, and a bad tranny and cash. I told them we can save a lot of time, heres my offer or I walk. Trust me, they are not going to let you go. When they try to negociate, tell them your sorry for wasting there time and get ready to walk. You tell them this is what you are prepaired to pay out the door. You'll get what you want, the big suv's arent moving, especially in the summer. And its best to tell the salesman you want to deal with the used car manager, this way they know your not here to waste time. Offer $15,900.00 and a warranty. Remember, it cost money to keep the suv on the lot. They have to pay there bills. Above all make it known, it would be nice to own the big suv, but you don't need it either. They need the sale. Best time to deal as at the end of the month and even better when its the end of a quarter.

Good luck

happycamping

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's advice! Unfortunately a 2 wd vehicle is out of the question and we need something that can tow what the XL can tow. So we are in a position. We have worked out a nice deal with the dealer and hopefully it all works out in the end. We'll see, I haven't signed anything yet! They are giving us a warranty though!