Driver Seat Memory Position - WTF!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08_Denali

Reaction score
I set my dirver set memory up, to position #2, (my wife gets #1 :cryin:) and every time i turn the car off and come back, i have to hit the #2 again, to bring the seat back to my driving position. this is really starting to bug me.

Does this happen to aybody else?

How can i fix it, so that the seat stays in my position, until i choose to change it myself?

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn off the "easy exit" option which is probably set to "auto." I bet your wife set it up that way.

turboedmsp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which key are you using. if you both are using the same key then that is your problem. one remote is set to one setting... the 2 remote is 2 setting.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, as was said above, each key is set to either #1 or #2 settings...if you're both using the #1 key, there's your problem... :thumbsup:

08_Denali

Reaction score
which key are you using. if you both are using the same key then that is your problem. one remote is set to one setting... the 2 remote is 2 setting.

Yes, we both use the same key, is there any way around this? Is we usually just have one key out and in use, while the other stays as a back up.

Turn off the "easy exit" option which is probably set to "auto." I bet your wife set it up that way.

I tried this, and it didn't work.

GMTech48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, we both use the same key, is there any way around this? Is we usually just have one key out and in use, while the other stays as a back up.

I tried this, and it didn't work.

it's not the key, it's the fob...#1 & #2

sdoo25

Reaction score
As an earlier post said check the "easy exit" option in the DIC. If it's set to on or auto, it will move your seat back upon exit. Also your key fobs don't have to be set to the memory positions. My wife and I each have a memory setting and use the same key, I have not set up the fobs to tie to the setting numbers so that we can use the same key and not run into that problem. You just don't do the steps in the manual to tie the fob to a setting number and you'll be ok.

Tom

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As an earlier post said check the "easy exit" option in the DIC. If it's set to on or auto, it will move your seat back upon exit. Also your key fobs don't have to be set to the memory positions. My wife and I each have a memory setting and use the same key, I have not set up the fobs to tie to the setting numbers so that we can use the same key and not run into that problem. You just don't do the steps in the manual to tie the fob to a setting number and you'll be ok.

Tom

Yes, but if I understand you, he would still have to press the #1 or #2 memory button each time he gets in the truck, since the Fob would not activate either memory setting (unless he was the last one to drive the vehicle and they shut off the easy exit feature so the seat didn't move upon exiting).

Unless you want to keep hitting one of the memory buttons when you get in, the only way I know of is to use the other key fob remote that is set to the setting you want. This is how any other vehicle I have driven with memory seats works as well...they logically figure that each driver would have his/her own key and fob.

sdoo25

Reaction score
Yes, but if I understand you, he would still have to press the #1 or #2 memory button each time he gets in the truck, since the Fob would not activate either memory setting (unless he was the last one to drive the vehicle and they shut off the easy exit feature so the seat didn't move upon exiting).

Unless you want to keep hitting one of the memory buttons when you get in, the only way I know of is to use the other key fob remote that is set to the setting you want. This is how any other vehicle I have driven with memory seats works as well...they logically figure that each driver would have his/her own key and fob.

You're exactly right. I thought the OP was trying not to have each key tied to the memory setting. The seats will obviously be at the setting of the last driver and if it's a different driver, then you must hit your number on the door.

Tom