drivers side floor soaked!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87gtNOS

Reaction score
Hey guys....my 02 tahoe, the drivers side floor soaks when it's raining.

I have taken the garden hose to the truck and the wiper transmission channel and can't make it leak! (this is with the carpet all pulled back).

No rust.

Any ideas?

Thanks

SWTZ71

Reaction score
when its raining does it leak when it's just sitting? try to spray water up from under the truck maybe it is getting in there..

RedPark

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there... Does it happen to have a sunroof?

The sunroof pan has 4 draintubes, one of those going down the a-pillar and it could be dumping into the floor.

A lot of people dismiss the sunroof because they don't see leaks in their headliner. People forget how it actually drains down through the tubes in the pillars.

Just a thought :)

87gtNOS

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there... Does it happen to have a sunroof?

The sunroof pan has 4 draintubes, one of those going down the a-pillar and it could be dumping into the floor.

A lot of people dismiss the sunroof because they don't see leaks in their headliner. People forget how it actually drains down through the tubes in the pillars.

Just a thought :)

thanks
Yes it does....please tell me more about this and I will look tonight!

RedPark

Reaction score
I would start like you were with the garden hose, but put it on your roof and let it flow over your closed sunroof. Sunroofs do not actually seal at the edges of the glass to the metal, they actually allow water to fall into the sunroof pan and then flow out the drain tubes.

Hopefully you can make the leak near your floor show up so you can locate where the drain tube has either relocated itself into the wrong position or has worn through and has a leak.