DVD By-Pass for Navigation System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

punju

Reaction score
Hey Everyone...

Several years ago, I had an Alpine CVA-1000 (in-dash screen). Back then it was the same as now, in which you couldn't view anything on the screen while the car/truck was in motion. I had a friend put in a by-pass switch on the Alpine so I could view movies/TV while I was driving.

Does anyone know how to do this with an 08 LTZ Navigation System? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance~!! :skep:

Last edited:

05LS

Reaction score
back then all the way up to the CVA-1005 all you had to do was ground the brake wire to view any dvds etc... Starting with the CVA-1004 you needed a module to bypass the parking brake. I believe there is a hack out to view the screen while not in park....I could be wrong though.

bisignano

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do this with an 08 LTZ Navigation System? Is it even possible

I had a pioneer AVIC-D1 in my Vue and tried the bypass. It didn't work. The systems are designed not to be bypassed. They are tied into the GPS and the movement of the vehicle. If you notice that while you are in motion the system will gray out the buttons until you stop. Some of the buttons won't even work unless you are in park.

EZYESS57

Reaction score
BISIGNANO
Do you know about the AVIC411 website? Has all kinds of info on pioneer hacks/mods. I bypassed my N1 (ground parking brake wire) and helped a friend bypass a N3 (soldered points on MB). The N3 was also tied into the GPS and killed functions at 4 mph. They have a D1-D3 hack section also.

BTW: My lockpick comes in today. Can't wait to pul the bezel off of my dash!!!

bisignano

Reaction score
AVIC411

EZYESS57 Yes I did. I got the hack from them. The only problem was with the D1 and up the system monitors the GPS position and speed. Once I hit 15 to 18 MPH it would shut off. This is the way Pioneer defeated the hack. Everyone claimed it worked and it did, until you hit 15MPH. I got rid of the Saturn and got the Hoe so no worries. Thanks.

EZYESS57

Reaction score
That's odd. The Pioneer N3 also used the GPS to disable the monitor while in motion but after soldering a few points on the MB the bypass worked fine.

Anyway, after installing my new lockpick I though I'd share with anyone considering purchasing one: Active map tracking is DISABLED when using any unlocked function. :cryin: My biggest complaint is that I can't set a nav route, then switch over to view a movie and have the voice guidance still work. Disabling the unblocking quickly restores your current location and guidance though. Haven't seen this info here and it is buried on Costal Tech's site (in a pdf instruction sheet). All in all it is still a GREAT product though.