EGR Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EGaskamp

Reaction score
So I've learned that I need to replace the EGR valve in my '93 K1500 Blazer. I called all the auto parts places around here and found that no one sells an AC Delco EGR valve. All they carry is Instaner. One parts house said $55 and the one next door said $85 for the same off brand part!!

Due to this, I'm going to try cleaning the current valve to keep it running for the next few weeks. Is the Instaner brand as good as an AC Delco? If not I'll have to order online as I found an AC Delco for $50 on ebay with free shipping. Also, how would I go about trying to clean my current valve with brake cleaner? Do I just spray in there? Can I manually work the valve to see if its stuck? Thanks

Eric

FD611V

Reaction score
I've never bought a EGR value on any vehicle that required them, and I've had plenty with the value. Each year I remove the EGR and soak it in carburetor cleaner for about six hours and clean it out making sure the value moves freely. I think most get clog up and the reason they don't work so well. I would try cleaning it first and make sure you have a new gasket to install.

EGaskamp

Reaction score
Alright sounds good. I'm taking the valve off now and cleaning it while I wait for the new to come in. Also going to do an oil change and fuel filter change. Do I need to put Teflon tape on the threads of when replacing the fuel filter, or is it made to where it's not needed?

Eric

EGaskamp

Reaction score
I'm on the Rock Auto site right now, and it lists several AC Delco EGR valves for my truck. What is the difference? Here are the different part numbers: 2141427, 2141432, 2145073, 2145589

The first one is $55 which I like better than the one that is $79. If it matters I have a brand new Fel-Pro gasket in the box already. Thanks

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Manual transmission different than Automatic....

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shure dont, sorry EGR on these TBI's is a PITA........ Parts store ones come with reducer disks and they dont work (made mine run wayyyyyy worse - practically wouldnt Idle...) ended up being a TBI base gasket blown anyway.....

07burb

Reaction score
Can you take the EGR valve that is currently on your Blazer off and check for a part number and cross reference it with what's on Rock Auto? That might be the easiest

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe is 2 hours away with a for sale sign in the window, otherwise I would.... :)

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Realized that after I posted, but If it were here, I would go look and get some #'s as it is original IIRC......