Electric trailer brake hook up on 97 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerblazer

Reaction score
I have a 97 Tahoe and just purchased an electric trailer brake controller for towing. I have already converted the rear plug to accept a 7 pin connector. The tahoe came with the trailer package. I need someone who knows which wires to connect to under the dash to inform me which ones they are so that I can connect my controller. I know that i need 4 wires; Brake light, power, ground and brakes. I know the wire for the brakes in the rear connector is a blue wire. I know its not a tough job once I know which wires to connect to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

Kingofthecouchguy

Reaction score
Hook the power wire to the battery with a 10 gage wire and a 30 amp fuse ground thats obvious in my 99 the white wire under the steering colum is the brake but use a test light to see which one lights up when push on the pedal good luck.