Factory NAVIGATION problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adam_mav

Reaction score
Does anybody know if it's possible to search location on the navigation screen via intersection or cross street??? I know there is an option for cross street in the navigation menu but every time I try to use it, it’s unavailable (shaded out). I used several different navigations (not GM vehicles) and that option was always there - I could put just intersection of 2 streets and navigation would start, how come that option is unavailable in my Tahoe??? Is there a problem with only my nav. or is it like that in every GM vehicle navigation?!?!

adam_mav

Reaction score
No, it’s not. When I'm entering the address and attempting to add cross street option the vehicle is stopped, usually in park position.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did this exact thing this morning, with the vehicle in drive (stopped, foot on brake). Option was not grayed out or anything -- it worked just like you might think it should. I'd have a look back thru the Nav manual, and give it another shot....

adam_mav

Reaction score
Thanks a lot "Getwired". Now I know there is something wrong with my nav. that needs to be fixed. I will have to visit chevy dealer again..................

adam_mav

Reaction score
I checked my nav. options and I couldn't find anything that would give me or make that option available. It sucks because I got used to using it a lot (had that in my old car that I traded in for Tahoe). I also read the manual in which it only says that this option works when is available. Hmmmmm……….I live in big city and if there is availability anywhere it should be here. Well if anybody else runs into that problem with the factory navigation or has one and doesn’t have that problem please let me know, so when I go to the dealership I won’t make a fool out of myself.

wongs83

Reaction score
getwired, I clicked on the nav manual link on your entry and it took me to a nav manual for the navigation for a escalade. This helped, but would help even more if I could see one for an actual Tahoe navigation. Do you have a link to this as well? Thanks in advance.

adam_mav

Reaction score
Sorry I don't. However, I already know the answer to my question. I went to the dealership the other day and asked about the problem. The stuff couldn't answer my question, so they called the GM tech. department who stated that they are working on this issue as well as many other that exist in the current navigation/dvd/cd unit that is in our car. They also said that it would probably take them another 6 months to fix them and come up with new software that will replace the existing one. So, we have to be patient......and hope that when it comes out, it will work.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No link to "GM" or "Chevy" specific nav. I assumed they're identical, and I couldn't find any links other than the "Caddy Nav" link. What version is your nav disc? The nav disc updates the firmware of the nav unit when you install it. Maybe your nav disc is newer and has bugs... I will go check mine in a few minutes.

adam_mav

Reaction score
Sorry, that it took me that long but I finally got the info on my nav. disc version - 2.00 , p/n # 15934919. "Getwired" since it looks like we have the same version, I'm getting worried that my nav. problem might be somewhere other than disc version itself. Hmmmm.......... I tried everything already including nav. manual and that option "cross steet" still doesn't become available. What's going on ??????

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you attempt to input address, have you tried tapping the "street" button and not the "city" button first? In my Yukon, that is how I get to the "cross street" option.