Factory remote start range?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my first factory installed remote start unit and wanted to know some range information on these. I had Autostart and I had the one rated for 1000' range and it worked well for me before leaving work to start the car, but I know these factory units have significantly shorter range.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is definitely not 1000'

and line of sight is also important

Last edited:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My factory one could do about 300, my aftermarket one can do about a half a mile (as far as I have tested it). I'm not sure how much "light of sight" helps, but "line of site" definitely matters ;)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my stock remote was like line of site 300, indoors 100. my 2way is like 800 indoors and actully have gotten more than 1000 in line of site. :thumbsup:

mohspeed

Reaction score
To extend your range...you can always hold the remote just under your chin. Haha. Try it...it works!

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gm says 200 ft. depending on line of sight and conditions...mine has worked in as little as 50 ft and up to about 300 ft.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my stock fob with remote start is pathetic. i have the new ARSS one sitting at the dealership for me to be installed :)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope same exact one, the new one we've been waiting for.
the one that's $150 if you have remote start and power liftgate..

your gunna love it dude. best 300 i put in the truck. was 150 for the remote, 10 bucks to ship and the rest was installation and programming.