factory tint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrailFiend

Reaction score
on my 99' 2dr hoe, the back windows say "deep tint" on the window stamp, and the front doors do not, but have same stamp. my question is, does that need to be removed before tinting, or is the glass smoked...not needing to be scraped off? im getting my windows tinted tommorow, but they charge more to take off existing tint. it would be cool if they can tint over them, thus being darker while saving $$ on lighter % tint. anyone know about this? thanks for the help

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Factory tint is within the glass itself. If the tint was done anytime after it leaves the plant, then it has a film applied to the glass. Depending on the condition and type of film used, it may or may not need to be removed.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They installed factory tinted glass on those body style, I went 20% over the factory and just did 20% over the clear fronts on my 00 limited
DSC01225.jpg

Wasn't too dark on the fronts and I could still see at night, rear was pretty dark tho.

TrailFiend

Reaction score
thanks for the help...i eneded up going with 20% over the factory tint on back, ans 5% on the front doors and glare strip. ill post pics tommorow.

p.s. boostaholic, where did you get that antenna. im looking for a short black one...i dont need it to work either, i have disconnected it and i use sirius.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wheres the pics man.. lol looking forward to seeing em. i need to do the same to mine..

kiddcarbuff

Reaction score
im really digging that blacked out hoe, gah the grill looks SICK, i wish mine wasnt green =(

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't know I never used the radio, I'm guessing it was diminished slightly but I always had my ipod or a cd playing. Looks way better than that big ass stock one tho.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, I really want to know if it affects reception. I like how they look, but if they don't perform at least as well as stock I'm really not interested. I don't care if it looks great. If it hurts performance I don't want it.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for those looking for that little antenna.. go to http://www.stylintrucks.com/sn.aspx?category|cat_-25|286=Antennas&results_per_page=99 ... for all your antenna needs.. lol short tall stubby anything.. lol..

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks pretty cool.. i like boostaholics alot.. i think i like his more is bcuz of the 4 door and thats what i have.. and mines lowered.. but still .. lol. looks nice.. is anyones state have that gay tint law.. ido and i live in ohio.. i hate it.. any one else have pictures with their tinted windows!?..

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks pretty cool.. i like boostaholics alot.. i think i like his more is bcuz of the 4 door and thats what i have.. and mines lowered.. but still .. lol. looks nice.. is anyones state have that gay tint law.. ido and i live in ohio.. i hate it.. any one else have pictures with their tinted windows!?..

Yea here in Norcal we can't tint our front windows, but in my TT Golf I have it at 5% all around, although I have been pulled over and ticketed a few times for it. I think I might black out the back parts of the Tahoe, and get a 50% on the front windows, that way I will kinda be legal, fortunately California doesn't care how dark your rear windows are, just the front passenger windows. God I hate california!! :Chevy:

Biggwaukegan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:mad2: Yep cali has its ups and downs. My little brother lives out there and hes got his gripes with things out there for sure.:mad3:
But here in the Windy City Chi we can get away with the front 2 tinted so heres a look at one nice ass tahoe with the tint. :eek:

New tint.jpg

TrailFiend

Reaction score
Nevada Laws

here in NV you can have any % on the back windows, but no darker than 35% on the front. i have 5% on the front and the equivilent of 5% on the back. here, the pigs dont care as much. i pull up next to em' all the time, never been pulled over...knock on wood!

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here in NV you can have any % on the back windows, but no darker than 35% on the front. i have 5% on the front and the equivilent of 5% on the back. here, the pigs dont care as much. i pull up next to em' all the time, never been pulled over...knock on wood!

Pigs?:smilielol:

It's been a long time that I've heard that term.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'll be tinting the hoe to 5% all the way around. we have the 35% front window tint law, but its not to common for them to pull you over for it.

just roll the windows down before they get up to the truck :)

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha yeah thats true.. our has to be 50 % in ohio (gay) for only the front ones.. 50 percent is like nothing. and we can only have a 5inch strip on the top of the front windshield. But idk ill see what im gunna do as far as how dark the front ones will be.. but i also need to paint my truck before i get them tinted