Finally Wheels!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the first word that popped into my head when i saw the after pics was WOW!

i can`t believe how much better it looks, it`s like a different truck. nice choice on the wheels.
that is the same thing i said when i saw them!

ahh how i wish my truck was black.

that thing looks hella nice with the new wheels.
where are you from. most people dont say "hella". mostly people from nor cal. thanks for the compliment

NICE!!!! What a difference...now all you need is a Caddy Rack.
not sure what the caddy rack looks like, but want to put the caddy third brake light
Looks amazing. Debadging it would do wonders for the truck, imho.
debadging on the 4th, hopfully.

Looks good, bout time those boss 330s came out in 22. They fit the truck perfectly.
they were not supposed to come out unitl the end of summer

Murder those windows!!
want to but not to dark

I like it... I also think you should debadge it.. Wheels definitely set it apart...
yea, a totally different truck. IMO

Wow man....all I can say is wow. I am NOT a fan of the lowered/big wheels look, but that is absolutely awesome.

Next on the list:

TINT those windows. Your truck is black - take full advantage of that color! :D
first on list-windshield and the correct shocks

It's amazing the difference a set of wheels can make to a vehicle. Looks really good, man:beerchug:
i diddnt think that it would change that much!

debadge asap but still a nice truck.
lookin to do so on friday

rockymt21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
matt14,

im from vt, no relation to norcal or the hyphy movement.

wilb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like 'em..a lot! Of course your truck looked cool w/just the drop and factory rims. Black on black is hot.

Boarsheadburban

Reaction score
Looks great.
Like I always say, tires, wheels, and stance make the vehicle, and determine the direction of the look it will have.
You got some sidewalls on there. I like that too.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chilly man, big difference, What kind of tires you got?

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't you like the arms?

I had a issue with alighning the truck afterwards. The way the front shock mounts was not the best way imo. the shock had a fork type desighn along with the c-arm. after i put the shocks that djm recomended, it road way better. i also think one reason i was so bitter about the kit was because i had a bad expierance with the company i ordered the kit from.

Chilly man, big difference, What kind of tires you got?
I got the nitto nt420s in a 305/40/22. they ride pretty good and look great

KennyB22

Reaction score
ahh how i wish my truck was black.

that thing looks hella nice with the new wheels.

Black looks nice when it's clean on the dealer's lot, but when you live on a dirt road, it gets frustrating during the dry summer. :mad3: I go about 5mph down my road, after I was it.

KennyB22

Reaction score
Your truck looks really nice, what a difference the rims really make. I really like the black with the chrome. Nice!!:thumbsup:

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea how much the 22s run? I'm seriously considering upgrading mine to 22" now that they are out.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine for $1800 mounted and balanced with nitto 420's. they also threw in a alighnmenet.

Turbizzy

Reaction score
Truck definately looks alot better!, why dont you like the control arms on there?

Matt's computer is currently down so ill answer for him since we're buds. The front rides kinda rough and we're thinking about swapping out the control arms for just spindles in hopes of a better ride. Plus the control arms left a sour taste in our mouths as we were not told we'd have to a absolutely run djm shocks since the stock shocks no longer mounted the correct way and caused issues. The website, stylintrucks, listed the 3/5 djm drop kit as not needing front shocks when in fact when we called djm they strongly recommended them. Also stylintrucks sent us the wrong rear shocks, they were too long and caused bottoming out. When we told them this, they did make Matt buy the right shocks and had him send in the wrong ones for a credit which to me was kinda messed up but at least they did take back some used shocks. Well it was their fault in the first place but at least their customer service was decent. They even gave us a small credit on future purchases however when we tried to use them on the front shocks we later found out we needed, they said it wasn't good for suspension stuff wtf?

kandywhips504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt's computer is currently down so ill answer for him since we're buds. The front rides kinda rough and we're thinking about swapping out the control arms for just spindles in hopes of a better ride. Plus the control arms left a sour taste in our mouths as we were not told we'd have to a absolutely run djm shocks since the stock shocks no longer mounted the correct way and caused issues. The website, stylintrucks, listed the 3/5 djm drop kit as not needing front shocks when in fact when we called djm they strongly recommended them. Also stylintrucks sent us the wrong rear shocks, they were too long and caused bottoming out. When we told them this, they did make Matt buy the right shocks and had him send in the wrong ones for a credit which to me was kinda messed up but at least they did take back some used shocks. Well it was their fault in the first place but at least their customer service was decent. They even gave us a small credit on future purchases however when we tried to use them on the front shocks we later found out we needed, they said it wasn't good for suspension stuff wtf?

o ok that sounds like a huuuge pain in the ass with all that, on my truck i have the torsion keys and the nitro 2 shocks in the front which came in my belltech kit, but the front rides pretty smooth unless i hit a big bump or something and it was bottom out and the tires will hit the top of the wheel well but other wise it rides good, i wish i could say the same for the back!

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question on his taillights, are those the LED taillights from eBay? and if so, they looked smoked, are they?

thanks in advance.

cwyatt27

Reaction score
That looks amazing!! I have a black tahoe and I was planning on putting those exact rims on! GREAT CHOICE!