First GM Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ranger8996

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new here and this past Monday I purchased my first GM product. I was driving a Ford F150 Platinum with a 5.0 but I was rear ended and my truck was totaled two weeks ago. So I purchased a 2017 Tahoe Premier with 5.3 liter V8. I'm still getting used to the differences between Ford and Chevy. I really like this truck so far but I am concerned about this dreaded AFM. My Ford did not have that feature and I seem to read a lot of negative write ups about AFM. I personally am a V8 fan and don't purchase trucks based on fuel economy. I want my trucks to perform and have V8 power.

I was driving my Tahoe and can see on the instrument panel that its constantly going into V4 mode when you ease off acceleration. So I just ordered a Range Technologies AFM delete. I have read mostly good reviews on this product. Does anyone have any feedback?

Thanks

Ranger

Pats X5

Reaction score
Also new to GM

I just picked up a loaded 4 x 4 2017 Tahoe z71 after trading in my 2016 bmw 535i( and before that a 2011 x5).

I love this truck! Still making friends with the buttons. I was unaware of the cylinder deactivation - deactivation thing. Good info.

I have only 87 miles on the truck and have not noticed any cylinders being deactivated.

Thanks for the info and good luck,
Pat