First Scuffmark... From a soon to be hospitalized neighbor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:mad2: Well, my Z71 is about 10 days old, with about 500 miles, and after all the care I take to avoid dings wherever I go, I get it from the ******* in the spot next to me. I need your help to tell me how this could be fixed and how much its gonna cost before I go after this ****head. First, here's the scene::mad2:

:mad2: Covered parking space, each of us has an awning pole on the far end of our space but there is no pole between our spaces. Normally this guy parks his late model Mustang close to his pole and far from me, and I try to do the same. Then last night I come home and he's way close on my side, like 3 feet from his pole, and crooked, like he's drunk. So I back in and my fender is only 1/2 a foot from the pole on my side, can't get closer. I'm worried that he'll ding me because he's always putting his kid in a car seat on the driver's side. So I inspect my truck and take pictures of how both of us are parked to show how off he is. :mad2:

:mad2: Come out this morning and sure enough, there's a scuff, actually 2 but one is very fine, on the top edge of the door trim moulding. Luckily not the door itself, but it's dull now and finishes with a bunch of small white scratch marks in the top edge. Both cars are black so I don't know, is there white primer under the trim paint? Just imagine that a door edge pushed into the moulding and you can imagine what it looks like, it took out the shine for about an inch before like a sunburst looking mark and some small white scratches. So I go to the local Ford dealership and talk a salesman into letting me open the door of a Mustang up to my door, and sure enough it's an exact match. So, does anyone know what it takes to fix this, and what kind of legal rights I would have? I'd rather be reimbursed than go to jail, but I know something bad is gonna happen if this fool denies it or tries to get tough. You know what I want to do to this tard, but first let's start with how do you repair trim moulding? I really need to know so I can decide how to approach this. Thanks. And sorry for writing a book.:mad2:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture, i'm still not entirely sure what you mean

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try, I have Photobucket now but I don't know how to transfer it to a post. Can anyone help me with that? I still haven't posted pics of my new ride yet because I'm lame to figure it out.

But just imagine that a door edge, which had a plastic protective strip (yeah), makes contact with the top edge of my moulding strip, and then pushes into it, adding pressure, for about an inch and where it stopped there are a few fine white scratches. I think the scratches are actually my paint cracking because they are all parallel. It's kinda like sunburst around the area that it scraped, and dull inside of the area. I know, a pictures worth a thousand words. Can anyone help me figure out how to post a pic from Photobucket?

car-15

Reaction score
My wife tagged a shopping cart with our Tahoe. She won't admit it, but I know that is what happened. It knocked the paint off of the edge of the door trim. It was white underneath it just like yours. The spot was maybe 3/8" long by maybe an 1/8" long. I used some Dupli-color touch up (Amber Bronze Metallic) and you can't even tell it is there.

My door trim is coming un-stuck around the edges and I will have the dealer remove, replace and paint to match new trim under warranty.

YMMV

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you have uploaded a pic to photobucket just click on the Direct link box and it will copy the hyperlink. Then click on the picture button just above the post box at the bottom of this page and paste in the copied hyperlink.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100_2224.jpg

100_2239.jpg

I can't, no matter what I do, get a good picture of it. I guess my camera is no good. But in these the blurry white triangle thing is where the damage is. These pictures really suck. I don't know why my 5 mega pixel Kodak won't do it. Maybe because it's a 5 mega pixel Kodak.

Last edited:

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's some pictures showing how I parked 6 inches from the pole, and he's 3 feet from the one on his side...
100_2211.jpg

100_2220.jpg

100_2213.jpg

100_2221.jpg

100_2212.jpg

And he did it again tonight! For months he's parked normal, and now this ****. Luckily I left my girlfriend's car at work so I parked in the next space. He's getting a note on his car in 10 minutes, since he's never here when I'm around.
100_2232.jpg

100_2233.jpg

I could've parked in my space, but I would've gotten another scuff to throw in his face for sure. If I didn't leave the other car at work I would've had no choice. Starting to get mad again.:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Last edited:

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another showing how any late model Mustang lines up at exactly the same spot.
100_2230.jpg

Kontohoe

Reaction score
Try using a Mr. Clean Magic eraser on the scuff mark. I had some marks on the plastic interior door panels and nothing would take it off without destroying the plastic. My wife swears by the damned things so I tried it and sure enough, it worked! It even took scuff marks off of the leather seats. Try it, you might like it!:thumbsup:

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try using a Mr. Clean Magic eraser on the scuff mark. I had some marks on the plastic interior door panels and nothing would take it off without destroying the plastic. My wife swears by the damned things so I tried it and sure enough, it worked! It even took scuff marks off of the leather seats. Try it, you might like it!:thumbsup:

Might try that, been meaning to get some for the artwork my daughter did on the leather couches. Thanks for the tip. Do they make a Magic Neighbor Eraser?

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might try that, been meaning to get some for the artwork my daughter did on the leather couches. Thanks for the tip. Do they make a Magic Neighbor Eraser?

pay me enuff and i'll take care of it. :cool2:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they make a Magic Neighbor Eraser? bwwwahahahahaha

if they do, let me know. got a dude I need erased.

Rebound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I someone else driving his car?

Do you have any ability to be "in the neighborhood" when they pull in?

Kaimana

Reaction score
not to be a jerk or anything, but you need to get a hobby bro. I wouldnt want to be your neighbor. Dont sweat the small stuff. You'll live longer

OStateFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to be your neighbor, as I'm just as paranoid and protective of my vehicles. I feel your pain and hope you can get them to 'fess up to their mistake and take care of it. Are there any corresponding marks on their door?

Without better photos of the problem area it's hard to say what you need to do to fix it. The Magic Eraser may work if it is a paint transfer mark, but that doesn't seem likely if both vehicles are black. Your description sounds like clear coat damage at best. If so, it may be possible to fix with wet-sanding and polishing if there is enough clear left.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not to be a jerk or anything, but you need to get a hobby bro. I wouldnt want to be your neighbor. Dont sweat the small stuff. You'll live longer

hmm since we all live on i guess i will take my clunker cadillac and go dent your truck. how would that make you feel???

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not to sound like I give a **** what you think, but who are you to advise me, when I know exactly what I'm doing? I just bought a brand new fully loaded 4WD Z71 about 10 days ago, and I get this from a so called neighbor. This truck IS my new hobby, and I don't plan to let people trash my property for nothing. Stop them now or get more marks. Keep telling people how to live their lives, you'll die sooner.