Flat Black 01 Tahoe ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gomez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got in crash in my truck over the weekend... the lady was talking on her phone but i decided not to tell that to the cops on her.
anyways, we got into an agreement saying how she's going to fix all the damages on my truck. by the way i LOVE MY HOE EVEN MORE NOW. all i got in my truck was a dent and she pretty much messed up my back left tire, but it still rides good just moves a little to the right while i'm driving... and her nissan maxima's whole front bumper was GONEEEE! it was dragging in the street ahaa. anyways x2. i took my truck to a body shop to get an estimate. my truck is kind of old and has some paint chips and all that, basically the paint is all messed up !
so i told the guy if he can hook me up with a paint job along with the fixing of the damages... he said i can get around $2500 from the insurance company for a job that cost only a few hundred bucks... lol. he said he will hook me up with a paint job if i give him the whole insurance check or whatever they give me.

ANYWAYS X3, i was thinking about painting it flat black (matte black) like rob dyrdek's tahoe... just to be different because no one around here has that. anyone have any pics of a 01-05 tahoe painted flat black? what are the pro n cons of having a flat black truck ?

thankssss ! sorry for my incorrect use of grammar right now, i'm on the phone lol.

oh and here's a pic of the damage... under the left tail light there's the dent.
and under the left passenger door there's another dent, u can't really see it on this picture. and my back left tire is out of place... u can't really see it in this picture either.

imrxo0.jpg

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do it.
For a vehicle that got into accident, yours' still looks good. Glad you were ok.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd flat black it too, but that guy is wanting to juice you. The whole check is over what it costs to paint the truck so if I were you I would just ask him, or somebody else, how much it would cost to paint it Flat Black straight forward in cash, then use the extra money on other accessories!

Gomez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd flat black it too, but that guy is wanting to juice you. The whole check is over what it costs to paint the truck so if I were you I would just ask him, or somebody else, how much it would cost to paint it Flat Black straight forward in cash, then use the extra money on other accessories!

yeah i think he is too. i'm going to ask around for good body shops to see where i can get the best deal, thanks bro.

does anyone have a picture of a flat black 01 tho ?

Huck

Reaction score
I had the entire front end of a pathfinder totalled a year ago and it only cost $1300 to fix. $2500 is outrageous. I don't think any insurance claims adjuster would sign off on that.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$2500 for that small dent!!!!!!! :eek:

INO... damn thats crazy. 2500bucks is like a whole brand new paint job with like custom paint in it. I would never give that guy 2500 bucks to do my truck in flat black.. flat black is cheap as hell and for you to give him that much :eek::ack::ack:

notch8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got $5500 for a dented door, two new tires, and a new front end and radiator in May when I got hit. So maybe there's a chance they can sign off on it.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pain in the ass to keep it looking good, you'll probably have to get it repainted every few years since there isn't any clear for protection. I think someone makes a flat black single stage with clear that isn't glossy but I can't remember. I wouldn't do it if I were you, too much upkeep my gloss black is hard as fvck to keep clean.

Gomez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i was thinking about how hard it would be to keep it clean... i mean if i get 2500 like the dude said, i can give him about 1200 to repair the damages and for a new paint job... and maybe keep the rest and drop it on rims? =]

CoyB

Reaction score
INO... damn thats crazy. 2500bucks is like a whole brand new paint job with like custom paint in it. I would never give that guy 2500 bucks to do my truck in flat black.. flat black is cheap as hell and for you to give him that much :eek::ack::ack:

2500 with custom paint? were you get that from? i would love to see that work.:(

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you serious?? well bring it down to me and ill custom paint your whole truck for that much money.. ill airbrush everything myself too..

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bring it on down.. id hook your truck up fat... do some custom asss sh*t for 2500 bucks.. i dont use cheap paint by the way.. Dupont Chromabase all the way

ghostface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got in crash in my truck over the weekend... the lady was talking on her phone but i decided not to tell that to the cops on her.
anyways, we got into an agreement saying how she's going to fix all the damages on my truck. by the way i LOVE MY HOE EVEN MORE NOW. all i got in my truck was a dent and she pretty much messed up my back left tire, but it still rides good just moves a little to the right while i'm driving... and her nissan maxima's whole front bumper was GONEEEE! it was dragging in the street ahaa. anyways x2. i took my truck to a body shop to get an estimate. my truck is kind of old and has some paint chips and all that, basically the paint is all messed up !
so i told the guy if he can hook me up with a paint job along with the fixing of the damages... he said i can get around $2500 from the insurance company for a job that cost only a few hundred bucks... lol. he said he will hook me up with a paint job if i give him the whole insurance check or whatever they give me.

ANYWAYS X3, i was thinking about painting it flat black (matte black) like rob dyrdek's tahoe... just to be different because no one around here has that. anyone have any pics of a 01-05 tahoe painted flat black? what are the pro n cons of having a flat black truck ?

thankssss ! sorry for my incorrect use of grammar right now, i'm on the phone lol.

oh and here's a pic of the damage... under the left tail light there's the dent.
and under the left passenger door there's another dent, u can't really see it on this picture. and my back left tire is out of place... u can't really see it in this picture either.

imrxo0.jpg

its not funny, but i have almost the same exact dent.

CoyB

Reaction score
if you are going to do some "custom asss sh*t", you will have that in supplies! do you have a booth? can you shoot flakes and candies?

Gomez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sasquatch, how much do you think a full DECENT flat black paint job should run me ?

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you are going to do some "custom asss sh*t", you will have that in supplies! do you have a booth? can you shoot flakes and candies?

I have a booth yes.. I can shoot flakes and candies yes... my booth is a bakebooth by the way..

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sasquatch, how much do you think a full DECENT flat black paint job should run me ?

well it all depends where you take it. Id charge about a grand out the door. Body shops are a bit different then me.. Your truck will take approx. a gallon and a half of paint (including all jambs but not engine compartment). i have no idea off the top of my head on the price of flat black, but i no its cheap.. My paint for my truck i painted, a quart was 145 bucks.. and i needed 6 quarts. then i needed 2 gallons of clear at 160 bucks agallon.. soo figure it out.. lol.. thats only my paint and clear.. not to mention the temp reducer, materials... but yea..

CoyB

Reaction score
well if you would shoot some crazy paint for 2500, you are crazy. i wouldnt pick a gun up for that. now a normal paint job, yes.