Found Fix for Humming Noise on 2011 Tahoe LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StreetSS

Reaction score
I wanted to share in case there were others with this issue, and I was unable to locate any solution after a web search. I have heard a humming noise emanating throughout the cabin above 60 mph since I purchased the vehicle. It was very annoying, and the radio had to be turned up fairly loud to mask the humming. The issue could not be solved by the first dealer, so I took it to another. Here is what the report concludes: "A peculiar line in the axle tube housing was found in the top area where the bearing race resides. Concluded a casting flaw is causing pressure on the bearing race which contorts it and generates the noise as the weight of the vehicle is heavy on this spot. Installed new rear axle assembly."

Big thanks to Country Chevrolet in Warrenton, VA for being persistent with GM to find a solution and send out two engineers to solve the issue. They spent weeks testing, trouble-shooting and eliminating potential causes and did not stop until the issue was fixed. Much better than the first dealer (and GM communication to Country Chevrolet at one point) that said to just turn up the radio.

justimagination

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:welcome:and good to know there are still some good mechanics left, count yourself lucky. Jump in anytime.
david g. :peace: