Four Link Air?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here tried the four link Air Ride suspension, replacing the leaf springs?

Looking for a winter project.......................:confused2:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive seen it done a couple tahoes, but never witnessed it in real life.. only pictures.. looked my sophisticated.. ill see if i have any pics then post em up for you.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Pete, I might give those guys a call and quiz them on the parts.

I'm not looking to slam this thing, I just want to stay at my 2.5" below stock setting, but be able to take more power.

My traction ladders hold the bottom just fine, but the leaf springs are moving a bit on the top.

I suppose I could build a set, bit I was hoping that someone had a kit that would work.

Not much out there for 4 wheel drive for some reason. :nonod:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oooh man... if its just a little lower then we'll look some more. we thought you wanted to get rid of your trailer hitch using spark-style.. :D
I bet you could get away with a pair of 2500s.. I saw some reallly fresh LOOKING gear, but how to implement it properly on your year, i have to keep looking.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you just wanna drop the ass 2.5 inches at will, so it hooks up better, but then raise it/firm it for regular driving situations/towing?

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nevermind. I already started on the beer. its 2wd only.. but I dont get why it wont work since were not working on the front.. unless Im missing something.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you just wanna drop the ass 2.5 inches at will, so it hooks up better, but then raise it/firm it for regular driving situations/towing?

No. man, I just want the rear end to stay right were it is when I poor the coals to it..

Now that the garage is done, I turning my attention back to screwing with the waste gate modulators.

The rear end has been moving enough to cause my u-joint to go straight. I have to stop it from tipping up. The bars on the bottom are plenty strong enough, but the leaf springs are moving in their mounts and flexing a bit.

I plan on adding another 400 hp to where I'm at now and for sure that will raise hell down there. A little precaution here makes sense. Maybe I should be looking at equipment that drag cars use and work backwards from there.

Most of the air stuff I'm seeing is for slamming, which I don't need. :cool2:

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Del, maybe this?

its a bolt on kit for the rear only... maybe fits your application?

This one I like. I also don't know why it can't work for 4 wheel drive. If nothing else it should be able to be modified. I'll give them a call and get the scoop from the group. :rolleyes2:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, sorry. I finally understand. I read your posting too fast and overlooked the detail.

and by 400HP more... what are you going to do to it? did you mean 40 more/ with the waste gates somehow?

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha im sure he really means 400 more.. lol.. that setup looks sick as hell.. mhmm may think into that one guys.. i always thought you have to take the body off the frame and everything while putting in bags in the back.. mhmm

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude.

approaching 1000hp. I think I'm going to get sick.

call me when you need some 255hp-range stuff... Ill be over here... ArmorAll-ing my wheelwells or something... :)

Even if there were airbags, wouldnt the whole thing grenade at 1000hp? I mean, like twist right off?

Del, its not right...just not right. YOUR TALKING ABOUT REVERSE-ENGINEERING DRAGSTER PARTS.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not just put dragster parts in it!?! haha that set-up is awesome. makes me want to buy another tahoe for the street.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea im pretty sure once you punched it to get the thing going, it would squat like a mutherf*cker..

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, sorry. I finally understand. I read your posting too fast and overlooked the detail.

and by 400HP more... what are you going to do to it? did you mean 40 more/ with the waste gates somehow?

You put a solenoid valve on the line that goes from the manifold to the waste gates. Right now, the waste gates are set for 12 psi. If you turn the valve on and off in a controlled sequence, it fools the waste gate into thinking it has 12 psi, where in fact you are going up to 20 psi or higher. It just takes programming one of the spare outputs from the ECM.

The tricky part is making sure it has enough fuel to go with the added air. I know I need another fuel pump.

The setup I am running was tested at Banks on a 360 cubic inch sbc and they took it up to 1050 hp. I’m sure this 383 can do the same. The rule of thumb is 50 hp per pound.

I think I mentioned before, I’m just curious to see if I can beat the Camaro I’m towing around with this thing. The Z is going to be in the high 10’s with different tires. It’s best time so far has been 11.01 @ 130 mph, but that was with a 2 second 60 foot.

I’m just playing here, the Hoe is my daily driver first and foremost, so I can’t get too crazy with it. :)

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I’m just playing here, the Hoe is my daily driver first and foremost, so I can’t get too crazy with it. "

yeah. I see what your sayin.

no I dont.

YOUR MAD, MAN @! MAD , I SAY!@~! :bur2:

I think you have post GBS. ( Garagatitus Buildotosis Syndrome)
you skipped working on the tahoe all summer for the garage, and now all your ideas are exploding out of your head, crazy-style.

1000hp daily driver... dude. :D

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you have post GBS. ( Garagatitus Buildotosis Syndrome)

I was thinking about seeing a doctor about this, but I'm afraid they might think I'm too dangerous to be loose and have me locked up. :nonod: