Front passenger side carpet WET!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmitty115

Reaction score
Anytime it rains or after a car wash my passenger side carpet gets soaked. Truck is back at the dealer (going on the 4th day) for the second time for this condition. First time I was told that there was a bulletin on the sunroof that may be the issue, didn't correct the problem. Don't get the feelign that the dealer has any idea exactly where the leak is coming from. Anyone else expierence this issue?

Gatorbait

Reaction score
Yes. It just happened a couple weeks ago but hasn't happened since. Haven't had time to take it to the dealership yet. I can't remember if it was raining or not when it happened. I don't have a sunroof so that can't be the problem. Good luck and post up what you find.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your looking to troubleshoot it yourself a bit....

Try to pull the rug back a little so you can see the bare metal and get a hose and work your way up the side of the truck...

Soak the bottom of the windshield and monitor inside to see if there is any water getting in... if not, work your way across the bottom of the windshield from the pass side to about mid way across the car. You can work your way up the seam of the windshield and up the seam of the door, etc..

Still no leaks :)..

soak that sunroof down :)

I know this is some work, but if you walk into the dealer and say "the car leaks when i hold a hose at X location".. they may be able to assist more then them just spraying with a hose overall and saying "Nope, no leak".

I had a similar problem with my vette where the hard top was leaking. When i held the hose on the very corner at the bottom, the water would come in pretty good, but if i held it in the center, it was barely a drop and would be hard to find.

Good Luck!

Kaimana

Reaction score
Same problem with my 02 silverado. My drainage gutter was clogged with leaves and dirt and crap. I cleaned it out, kept an eye on it, and its been good since. I dont know if your tahoe (depending on the year) has had time to accumulate this, but its worth a look.

Open your door, wide open, then look at the door hinge in the corner where the door attaches to the body, and follow it down to the bottom of the body. You'll see a black foam flap and behind that flap is where water drains down and out. If dirt is blocking it, the water will overflow into your cab. Just pull back the foam flap and have a look. Chances are it'll look like a rats nest in there. Kinda gross to clean it out, but worth it.

**Oh yeah, I've heard too, if you have an older tahoe, and the heater core goes out, you will have that problem. . .and thats a bitch. But you mentioned that it only happens when it rains or gets washed, so you're probably in the clear on that.

rsmitty115

Reaction score
Dealer found a leak somewhere in the passenger side firewall. Haven't had an issue since they fixed it.