Frustrated -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deacon

Reaction score
I have a 2 year old Liftmaster Garage door motor Model 8355, that has driven me crazy for two years which is when I installed it. My first problem was I had to buy a Homelink Compatibility Bridge to make it work for my 04 Tahoe and it did help but not 100% effective. And I never could get it to work for my 08. I just gave up and used the remote, My wife just bought a new Nissan Rogue and for the life of me I can't get that to work either, but that is another story for another time. Through all of my Calls to Homelink they have told me if I have 3 buttons to work door openers than I have a Car 2 U system, and not a Homelink. So before I follow up on that, I would like some info from the real world users to see if someone else has experienced this. Or should I just take a Ballpean hammer to the overpriced Liftmaster. The "funny" part is I just was told that on this Model of Liftmaster an oversight resulted in it never programmed to work on older model cars, a scary engineering oversight. Any help that would save me some time will be appreciated -