Fuel Injector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

showgun

Reaction score
My Question I was told I need to either clean or get new fuel injectors. The repair guy told me I had some type of spider assembly and after looking online for a good price I saw a posting where GM changed from the spider assembly to individual injectorsin 97' just wanted to know which one I need to purchase.

Heavy Metal Doctor

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of dealing with this myself....if your truck is a 97 like mine, then the new part is still a "spider" assembly, it's just been upgraded 'cause they had problems with the poppets sticking open and dumping fuel causing the engine to missfire on the effected cylinders along with possibly hard starting / extended cranking (all of what I've experienced).
If this is true for you, then do what I was instructed to do: go to your favorite parts store and ask for the updated complete "spider" injector assembly.

inthechateau

Reaction score
I did the change on my 96 Hoe when I replaced the engine, I kept getting rich mixture codes and it was indeed the poppet vlaves. Increaded power and economy after the chane. Well worth the 238.00 i spent on it.