future owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roeder

Reaction score
hey everyone! my name is mike and ill be picking up and ex highway patrol 2009 Tahoe soon.
i use to be into the whole tuner scene with my Chevy cobalt until a nasty accident where i realized i need a bigger vehicle and Ive always loved the Tahoe so now is a better time then ever to get one :p
i do have a couple questions its got 150k+ kms on it and im wondering what i should be expecting service wise.
also now that my new vehicle has an extra 4 cylinders i know its going to drink more gas so im also curious on what i can to save some fuel. i know gm made a 4-6-8 motor for better fuel economy in trucks like the sierra i believe, and i was wondering with some tuning would it be possible to safely run on 6 cylinders for the highway.

looking forward to the forums :)

Last edited:

NCFD4303

Reaction score
:welcome:

I feel your pain on the MPG, but you cant program a V-8 to run on 6 cyl GM did have on some newer GM's MSD (Multi Cyl Dispacement) not sure if the PPV have that option or not.

roeder

Reaction score
so i read that the 2007 Tahoe police packages came with v8 that had the ability to run on 4cylinders so hopefully if that's the case that's a major bonus lol just gunna check the vin n see if it shows anything

NCFD4303

Reaction score
Some of them had the ability to run on 4 cyl but not all the time just when they get to crusing speed on a flat surface. Not sure a police veh would have this option.

roeder

Reaction score
Yep. Thats what everyone calls me so i just use it as my name on forums