getting my...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnaflow exhaust on thursday. Im going with the dual out, the exit points will be in the same spot as the stock set up just on both sides. Cant wait!!! who has gotten Magnaflow exhaust and what have been your experiences with it? Good, bad, ugly??? Thanks guys!!!

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my cat back system put on about a month ago and couldn't be happier. I love the sound and the lack of droning. Between the K&N CAI and the Magnaflow, I am sure there is some increase in gas mileage but I can't seem to keep my foot out of it to measure.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my cat back system put on about a month ago and couldn't be happier. I love the sound and the lack of droning. Between the K&N CAI and the Magnaflow, I am sure there is some increase in gas mileage but I can't seem to keep my foot out of it to measure.

what system did you get for your exhaust? did you get a new cat as well? was it just the standard dual out set up? thats what im getting. how much was your intake system?

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the magnaflow has the best sound that i have heard, my buddy has a silverado with magnaflow and it sounds better than anything i have heard. anybody else with experience with magnaflow? gas mileage gain and sound?

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what system did you get for your exhaust? did you get a new cat as well? was it just the standard dual out set up? thats what im getting. how much was your intake system?
I believe the Magnaflow part # was 15666. It is the muffler, piping and tip from the catalyst back. The cost was somewhere in the $450 range from www.performancepeddler.com. It's not a dual system but just a single output behind the right rear wheel. The dual setup kit was twice as much.

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didn't go with a cat-back, just the muff...and i love it. had it for a couple months now...great sound, especially after the first 500-600 miles(the break-in).

diffrnt

Reaction score
I went with a Magnaflow muffler (single in/dual out) and 18" Mag tips. I had the muffler shop fab up the piping to have the exhaust exit at 45 degrees behind the rear tires. It's been about a week or two now and I love the sound with the K&N cai. Don't know about mpg, can't keep my foot out of it ;).

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didn't go with a cat-back, just the muff...and i love it. had it for a couple months now...great sound, especially after the first 500-600 miles(the break-in).

did you get told to take it easy on it after you got it put on for those 500-600 miles? cuz mine goes on tomorrow.

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the Magnaflow part # was 15666. It is the muffler, piping and tip from the catalyst back. The cost was somewhere in the $450 range from www.performancepeddler.com. It's not a dual system but just a single output behind the right rear wheel. The dual setup kit was twice as much.

im getting mine single in, dual out, im going to have the exits in the same spot as the stock just on both sides. from cat back, CANT WAIT!!! its costing me $530 out the door, installed.

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you get told to take it easy on it after you got it put on for those 500-600 miles? cuz mine goes on tomorrow.

nah man...he just told me, as well as others on the board, that it really mellows out and gets a better sound after a while......and he/they were right. sounds great now!!:thumbsup:

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got my exhaust installed and when i intially started it, my face instantly went to a HUGE grin. it sounds AMAZING! it was well worth my money. im having the same problem that alot of you guys have mentioned, i cant stay off it because i love the rumble! the guy did an amazing job with the pipe bending, he didnt even have to take my spare tire out. i will have pics soon.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok Guys I got mine installed earlier today and what can I say, best $250.00 I ever spent. Its like Sapper says about the huge grin and like everyone else cant keep the foot off the gas. I got the double in and single out. The dude that did the work only charged me $250 installed and with a chrome tip. As soon as we left the muffler shop a little rice burner pulled up to us with his blender and got his A$$ smoked! But here are some pictures of the job well done.

Attachments

• 04-06-08_1446.jpg
    04-06-08_1446.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 04-06-08_1448.jpg
    04-06-08_1448.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 04-06-08_1445.jpg
    04-06-08_1445.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 2