Gibson Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dub02gpgt

Reaction score
Does anyone currently or have you ever used any of the Gibson Exhausts? I'm looking at the Stainless Steel Dual Extreme System and i was just wondering what kind of luck you guys had with their stuff. Also if anyone knows of a good website to buy from i would greatly appreciate it.

Val0412

Reaction score
I've used them before on a 97 1/2 ton and I loved it. I had the split rear exhaust. I was great for that truck but probably a little too loud for my current Tahoe. If you like to hear your exhaust I think Gibson's sound great.

I've found some good deals from Autoanything.com.

dub02gpgt

Reaction score
as far as the noise goes would you say there was alot of in cab resonance? did you notice anything that might be obnoxious for longer trips?

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gmtruck1.jpeg

I'l get a better pic when the rain stops here
I went stainless steel ...no noise in the cab only at the tips ...

quiet as a mouse on idle since i wanted that way (cop reasons)

give a little throttle and she's is as loud as a beast

had the kit on for 3 years now just starting to see the muffler starting to show spots ....

dub02gpgt

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, i now know that i definitely want the gibson extreme dual stainless kit now all i have to do is find a great deal and a good installer. Did you weld all your joints or just use the clamps?

animalbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into the corsa sport exhaust sysem?? I get very little noise at idle but man, when you give her some gas it sounds great:thumbsup: I have a clip if you want to hear it.

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into the corsa sport exhaust sysem?? I get very little noise at idle but man, when you give her some gas it sounds great:thumbsup: I have a clip if you want to hear it.

Post the clip!

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, i now know that i definitely want the gibson extreme dual stainless kit now all i have to do is find a great deal and a good installer. Did you weld all your joints or just use the clamps?

I used the clamps at first but with the stainless steel it was a pita so i ended up getting the joints welded ..any local muffler shop can do that only took bout half hour ... also the install was super easy the one end of the muffler bolts off the cat converter and it's all one piece from there ....a good hack saw or a electric saw will do the trick. the trucks are high enough to crawl under if your a big built person like me i had to use a set of ramps but the install took bout an hour. and the rest of the day messing with the stupid c clamps....lol

keep an eye on autoanything.com they get some great deals on these and also once you order something they send you some really sick discounts.

i think i have one that just sent to me if you want i can pm you the code if i still have it to save yah a couple bucks

hope this helps and good luck :)

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as far as the noise goes would you say there was alot of in cab resonance? did you notice anything that might be obnoxious for longer trips?

I have three kids and nagging wife on long trips there all able to watch the wiggles or what ever on the DVD when i drive from jersey to florida. in turn its around a 14 or so hour trip no complaints.

only thing is that if you have a cold air intake like the k&n or the aem series it does make the exhaust louder when you giving throttle to pass someone i corrected that issue by replacing the cold air intake with volant and i dont get that heavy drone noise when i step on the gas .

dub02gpgt

Reaction score
I actually do have a K&N system on it but a little bit of extra noise when your passin to pokies is fine with me :thumbsup: maybe they'll wakeup and drive the damn speed limit!