GM Lockpick info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryanc1819

Reaction score
anyone had any problems with the ipod lockpick and xm. i had the 80's and 90's programmed on my favorites and was unable to change stations via the buttons on the steering wheel when i got to those 2 stations. the radio would click/hesitate like it was switching stations but it wouldnt change.

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the GMX-320, but now I am interested in getting this TellPhone 5000 Bluetooth thing. Has anyone installed this? If so, how exactly does it work? I am still a little confused.

cablecon

Reaction score
Its a wireless bluetooth for your cell phone and works with the onstar system but has its own micophone. It will display caller ID on the nav screen.

Basically turns your onstar into hands free for your cell phone, with the exception of a seperate microphone.

Here is a link of a installation video http://coastaletech.com/TellPhone5000demo.htm

The video also shows how to install the GMX-320

Uses cell phone minutes not onstar minutes

Havent ordered mine yet but this is what I know about it

Hope this helps

Zzzz

Reaction score
Do you guys know how long this discount will be available?

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my GMX 320 last night, and I must say, it wasn't as easy as it is claimed to install:

1) It is very hard to push all of the excess wires and connections from the Lockpick in the hole behind the Nav screen. It took me alot of time to fit everything correctly. I wish Coastaletech could have designed a system with less wiring and the akward way that the lockpick system is placed in behind the screen.

2) To use the feature to turn on the stock camera, you have to run a wire through the back of the dash, under the center console, and then to a connection under the passenger seat. Then you have to splice into an existing wire. I am pretty sure the system isn't "plug and play" like they claim it to be.

3) The connection for all of the lockpick wiring into the contol module for the lockpick isn't very good. It slipped out of the control module several times and I had to take everything apart again just to make this connection.

4) Also, the male/female connections from the stock screen to the new connectors of the lockpick make bad connections sometimes. I would put the screen back in, and the connections would move and lose connection to the speakers, XM, or the entire power to the radio system. I think they should get better connectors that don't slip out of place.

Don't get me wrong, I love this lockpick and everything works well, but I think they could have designed it a little bit better and they shouldn't label it as a simple "plug and play" system.

Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install it, but the dip switch instructions are really confusing.

I also bought the tellphone video bluetooth and want to feed the sirius receiver in through the unit instead of the jack on front of the radio.

I have nav and rearview camera.

How do I set the switches??????

Thanks for any help!

Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, watched the video and it looks like 1,2,5 up, 3,4 down

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed my GMX 320 last night, and I must say, it wasn't as easy as it is claimed to install:
Don't get me wrong, I love this lockpick and everything works well, but I think they could have designed it a little bit better and they shouldn't label it as a simple "plug and play" system.

Sorry to hear that, but happy I didnt get that model. I went with the
Gen IV model and it took me 25 mins to install. Hope it all works out for ya.

cablecon

Reaction score
Mike,

How much did they charge you for the tellphone unit? It doesnt discount it for me?

Lizard1

Reaction score
i purchased Gen II back in fall of '06 and have still yet to install it :( I've tried a few times to pry off the bezel trim but haven't even gotten it to budge. Anybody in Dallas want to make a quick $50??? ;)

Maybe I just don't have the right tools but I doubt - guess I'm just too chicken to pry....seems like whenever I start to pry, it starts to bend oput rather than pop out

mrd74

Reaction score
Just installed the Gen 4 Lockpick. Took 35 minutes. Bezel came off without any problems. It helped watching the video 10x. Hardest part of install was positioning wires behind nav unit for fit. Otherwise, definitely plug and play.

Lizard1

Reaction score
ok - i have searched the entire website and keep getting referred to the page in the link about watching the install video. however, i cannot find the actual link or where to click on that page to watch the video. i even downloaded windows media player 11 but still nothing to click on

someone please help my hapless self ...

Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike,

How much did they charge you for the tellphone unit? It doesnt discount it for me?

I bought it off of ebay. I never realized that they sold it. I just saw it mentioned in the install instructions, googled it, and it came up at an ebay vendor.

turboedmsp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have a question about this lockpik Do you still have to press ok on the nav screen when you first turn on the vehicle?

Thanks,

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have a question about this lockpik Do you still have to press ok on the nav screen when you first turn on the vehicle?

Thanks,

YES. No devices out there for GM get rid of that yet...that appears to be coded into the firmware of the nav.