GM Lockpick info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't get past the promotion code and register.....it says:

Your current Visit does not allow the selected action. If you are a registered user on the site, then login to get your user privilages.

It appears that they have disabled the code at this time.....that's too bad, but I think I will wait until another round of group buy happens.....hopefully soon.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
GMX-320 Lockpick Discount Still Active

After much searching, finally found another forum with a $100 discount still active on the GMX-320 Lockpick. Here's the original forum thread:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,96581.msg1558505.html#msg1558505

GMX320 Lock Pick - $249 - $100 off!
Gen 4 Lock Pick - $199 - $50 off!
iPod Lock Pick - $89 - $40 off!

Here's the instructions:

1. Go to www.coastaletech.com and place item(s) in cart.
2. When done shopping, hit the Secure Checkout button.
3. Enter coupon code "ChevyFan" and hit the Register button.
4. You must use your forum Username from www.ChevyAvalancheFanClub.com as your UserName, then enter any password you would like.
5. Finally complete the form as you would normally. Your discount(s) will be applied to your cart automatically.

Just tried this code earlier today, and the order was placed successfully with a $100 discount on the GMX-320. Can't beat the deal...:thumbsup:

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After much searching, finally found another forum with a $100 discount still active on the GMX-320 Lockpick. Here's the original forum thread:

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,96581.msg1558505.html#msg1558505

GMX320 Lock Pick - $249 - $100 off!
Gen 4 Lock Pick - $199 - $50 off!
iPod Lock Pick - $89 - $40 off!

Here's the instructions:

1. Go to www.coastaletech.com and place item(s) in cart.
2. When done shopping, hit the Secure Checkout button.
3. Enter coupon code "ChevyFan" and hit the Register button.
4. You must use your forum Username from www.ChevyAvalancheFanClub.com as your UserName, then enter any password you would like.
5. Finally complete the form as you would normally. Your discount(s) will be applied to your cart automatically.

Just tried this code earlier today, and the order was placed successfully with a $100 discount on the GMX-320. Can't beat the deal...:thumbsup:

Thx for all the hard work. I just placed my order for the unit....I hope it is as easy to install as claimed.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Thx for all the hard work. I just placed my order for the unit....I hope it is as easy to install as claimed.

Not a problem, glad someone else can take advantage of the discount. I figured there had to be a "Group Buy" still going on somewhere out there.

Appears the most difficult part will be trying to find a good home for the wire harnesses. Next would be routing the single backup camera wire to the harness on the floor. Done this type of install before, so shouldn't be too bad.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive been kicking the idea around on getting the new gmx320 lockpick with the ipod lockpick as well. now i have a few questions im not sure on, one ive got the pac adapter already installed for my amp, now will the gmx320 work with that adapter or does it come with its own outputs so i wont need the pac adapter. second i dont have the rear entertainment so would my unit still be able to play dvds?

gbleezy

Reaction score
hey everyone, i'm new to this forum and just bought an 08 LTZ on monday. has anyone got this discount to work recently? i tried registering at chevyavalanchefanclub.com but i never receive an email to activate my account.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
hey everyone, i'm new to this forum and just bought an 08 LTZ on monday. has anyone got this discount to work recently? i tried registering at chevyavalanchefanclub.com but i never receive an email to activate my account.

Successfully used this discount a month ago. Had the same issue with registering on that forum as well. I don't think you actually have to use the login id from that forum, as I've had success using other info on the coastaletech website. I believe that once their website accepts the discount code and you make it to the next screen you are good to go. If nothing else, just enter www.ChevyAvalancheFanClub.com so they know where the discount group buy originated from.

BTW, unit installed and worked just as advertised. Enjoy full control over your system while driving, but be safe.

ZX1100F1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone interested I have one of the original Gen1 Lockpick that I have been using in an 07 Tahoe for the last year and a half, just removed it to ready the Tahoe for resale.

The unit works perfectly and I have the original instructions if anyone is interested let me know with a PM.
Cost is $100 including shipping USPS Priority, Pay via PayPal.

gbleezy

Reaction score
Successfully used this discount a month ago. Had the same issue with registering on that forum as well. I don't think you actually have to use the login id from that forum, as I've had success using other info on the coastaletech website. I believe that once their website accepts the discount code and you make it to the next screen you are good to go. If nothing else, just enter www.ChevyAvalancheFanClub.com so they know where the discount group buy originated from.

BTW, unit installed and worked just as advertised. Enjoy full control over your system while driving, but be safe.

So I got all the way to where it asks for your credit card but the amount was not showing the discount. I guess it no longer works.

gbleezy

Reaction score
So I got all the way to where it asks for your credit card but the amount was not showing the discount. I guess it no longer works.

Disregard the above post. I just added the gmx-320 and ipod lockpick individually to my cart and the discount worked! Previously I was adding the package of the two together so that's probably why it wasn't working at first.

For those of you that ordered these already, do you recall how long it took for you to receive it?

CasualButJiggy

Reaction score
I have a couple questions.

The new Gen 5 and the GMX322 are the same thing, or no?

Will the Ipod lock pick give me a cable to connect the ipod to the radio that also charges the ipod, or is that a separate piece of equipment?

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance, I'm technologically challenged. What is a GMX320 and what does it do?

sodell

Reaction score
JDL - I think you caught me just a bit. Let me be more clear. The GM LOCKPICK 320 (same thing I believe as what you called the GMX320) is a NAV-DVD override that allows the driver, while in gear, to override the system and watch DVDs (yes, while in drive) on the front nav screen and it also allows the driver to interface with requesting new navigational directions (also while in drive). Both functions are locked out from the factory if the car is in gear, as you know...the 320 LOCKPICK overrides the lockout using a series of button sequences on the steering wheel mute and window unlock buttons.

The IPOD LOCKPICK (or whatever its called), allows you to leave your ipod hooked up to the radio thru a new connector cable that will be placed in your glove box when installed and its connected to your XM satellite receiver (underneath the dash behind your glovebox). Then, while on XM band, you can switch / select between the XM (radio) source or the Ipod-source...listening to all songs on your ipod with basic ipod control function buttons on the nav screen itself. (Example, scroll by song title, genre, artist...etc).

Both of these devices are about 4" sq in size and an inch thick...they can be taped or positioned within the dash and are undetectable in sight or sound...tight fits that don't rattle or as I said, tape'm in place. There are several generations of the Nav-DVD LOCKPICK override. I happen to have a 2008 GOLD MIST LTZ with both units installed and they work fine. The installation can be done by yourself but if you're as strapped for time as me and/or gunshy about pulling the trim work and removing the glovebox...etc, you may want to find an experienced installer as I did here in KCMO. Both units are available on the CoastalTech website. I have found their staff to be helpful, too. Various models of the LockPicks do other things like allow for another component (a front or rear camera - if you don't have one already) and they allow for bluetooth connection. Me, I just bought the 320 to watch DVDs while driving to the farm at nights. And the Ipod is a good way to increase your music variety of course. Hope that helps and sorry I was a little unclear above...the Ipod LOCKPICK does charge your Ipod while its not in use laying inside the glovebox.

The only other mod I've made to my Tahoe is to add the hitch closeout cover which I bought from a guy in California who painted it with factory Gold Mist.

I love this vehichle...after having had 2 Ford Expeds, what an improvement!

Last edited:

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JDL - I think you caught me just a bit. Let me be more clear. The GM LOCKPICK 320 (same thing I believe as what you called the GMX320) is a NAV-DVD override that allows the driver, while in gear, to override the system and watch DVDs (yes, while in drive) on the front nav screen and it also allows the driver to interface with requesting new navigational directions (also while in drive). Both functions are locked out from the factory if the car is in gear, as you know...the 320 LOCKPICK overrides the lockout using a series of button sequences on the steering wheel mute and window unlock buttons.

The IPOD LOCKPICK (or whatever its called), allows you to leave your ipod hooked up to the radio thru a new connector cable that will be placed in your glove box when installed and its connected to your XM satellite receiver (underneath the dash behind your glovebox). Then, while on XM band, you can switch / select between the XM (radio) source or the Ipod-source...listening to all songs on your ipod with basic ipod control function buttons on the nav screen itself. (Example, scroll by song title, genre, artist...etc).

Both of these devices are about 4" sq in size and an inch thick...they can be taped or positioned within the dash and are undetectable in sight or sound...tight fits that don't rattle or as I said, tape'm in place. There are several generations of the Nav-DVD LOCKPICK override. I happen to have a 2008 GOLD MIST LTZ with both units installed and they work fine. The installation can be done by yourself but if you're as strapped for time as me and/or gunshy about pulling the trim work and removing the glovebox...etc, you may want to find an experienced installer as I did here in KCMO. Both units are available on the CoastalTech website. I have found their staff to be helpful, too. Various models of the LockPicks do other things like allow for another component (a front or rear camera - if you don't have one already) and they allow for bluetooth connection. Me, I just bought the 320 to watch DVDs while driving to the farm at nights. And the Ipod is a good way to increase your music variety of course. Hope that helps and sorry I was a little unclear above...the Ipod LOCKPICK does charge your Ipod while its not in use laying inside the glovebox.

The only other mod I've made to my Tahoe is to add the hitch closeout cover which I bought from a guy in California who painted it with factory Gold Mist.

I love this vehichle...after having had 2 Ford Expeds, what an improvement!

Thanks bro.

CasualButJiggy

Reaction score
I picked up my 08 LTZ today and it allows me to enter route info while driving. So now I'm really confused.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up my 08 LTZ today and it allows me to enter route info while driving. So now I'm really confused.

are you able to input a new address? POI and existing addresses are allowed. BTW, The GEN 5 Lockpick deal through the avalanche forum still works.:thumbsup: