GM Lockpick info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

combatcraig

Reaction score
Gentlemen, forgive my ignorance as I'm a noob (picking the LTZ up today at 5pm). Why do I need the ipod lockpick device if I can plug it into the front of the NAV unit? Just so I can use the NAV sys and steering wheel to navigate my iPHONE/IPOD? And for charging? Thanks in advance. This is a great site for doing research.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, forgive my ignorance as I'm a noob (picking the LTZ up today at 5pm). Why do I need the ipod lockpick device if I can plug it into the front of the NAV unit? Just so I can use the NAV sys and steering wheel to navigate my iPHONE/IPOD? And for charging? Thanks in advance. This is a great site for doing research.

correct... and it interfaces so everything is visible on your nav screen rather than the ipod screen.

sodell

Reaction score
...and its locked inside your glove box out of site. not sure if the AUX input charges your ipod/iphone but the ipod lockpick does (while not in use) this, also. if i had an iphone, i'd probably go the AUX route instead of the lockpick (GM PAL) so as to be able to use the phone. my phone is seperate from my ipod plus there's the carphone so i'm best off with the ipod stowed away in the glovebox.