Got my auto start :D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my ato start, i am super happy about that!!! I hate going out in the morning and firing up my truck in the morning and than leaving it unattended for even a few minutes, never settles well with me...

anyone installed one of these things? I plan on installing it this weekend

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I install a few of these per week. You don't need to worry about leaving the vehicle unattended. You can still lock and arm the system while it is running. If someone did break in, the alarm will still sound while running, and the truck will shut off once the brakes are applied. Besides, w/o the key, you can't override the system, turn the wheel, or even shift (unless the column is busted).
Remote starts are nice to have in both winter and summer in most places. If you need any tips or have questions concerning the install, feel free to pm me.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I install a few of these per week. You don't need to worry about leaving the vehicle unattended. You can still lock and arm the system while it is running. If someone did break in, the alarm will still sound while running, and the truck will shut off once the brakes are applied. Besides, w/o the key, you can't override the system, turn the wheel, or even shift (unless the column is busted).
Remote starts are nice to have in both winter and summer in most places. If you need any tips or have questions concerning the install, feel free to pm me.

Funny you should say that... i do have a question

I saw a dude who had an auto start and when he pushed the auto start button, not only did it fire his car up, but it rolled his windows down to half mast... how did he do this?

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can program this when you set up the auto start.....I have a friend that has this on his Denali it rolls done the front 2 only

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK if I would want that, what if its raining???

I live in AZ.... it doesnt rain too often... i think i could make the sacrifice. However, it is over 100 degrees for a good portion of the year and the air inside a car gets fvckin broiling hot, if the windows roll down (only about half way) it will expell the hot air while the air conditioner has a chance to get cool.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Directed 530T window control module.

This 'directed 530T window control module'... is it another peice/item that needs to be purchased? if so i will probably pass, not a priority, just thought it would be kinda cool, and useful

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, location I guess, In summer I would love that, we get super humid. But in the spring and fall we get tons of rain, yet still need the ac as its 85. So I guess if you could control it, that would rock. :yesnod:

02cadiHOE

Reaction score
if you got heated seats you gotta run an aux turn on from the remote start to the heated seat buttons. not only will your truck be warm but your ass will be toasty too!!! ask jk about it i think he gave me the help i needed with it about a year ago.:thumbsup:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
This 'directed 530T window control module'... is it another peice/item that needs to be purchased? if so i will probably pass, not a priority, just thought it would be kinda cool, and useful
Yea, it's an optional add-on. But you can have things like the heated seats, defroster, and memory seat function integrated w/o any expensive extra parts.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, it's an optional add-on. But you can have things like the heated seats, defroster, and memory seat function integrated w/o any expensive extra parts.

oh yea... i didnt even think about the memory seat function not working without the factory key-fab... sh!t... this is very important! Where can i go to find out how to set up the memory seat function to the new auto start?

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so im pretty sure the autostart i purchased is a gigatntic peice of ****... however it was only $50...

anyways, its an "Ultra Start" and i have read that the range on this thing is only about 15feet... TERRIBLE... i will install this thing anyways and if i am not happy i suppose i will put it up on ebay and figure it out later.

is there a better place to put the reciever so that i can start my car from a reasonable distance like at least 50ft

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright.... maybe i got in a little over my head here, figured i would save a bunch of money and get the auto start myself and install it myself.

Electrical is not my thing and when i opened the box i about **** myself with the ammount of wires...

attached is a picture and i dont even know where to start guys :au:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright.... maybe i got in a little over my head here, figured i would save a bunch of money and get the auto start myself and install it myself.

Electrical is not my thing and when i opened the box i about **** myself with the ammount of wires...

attached is a picture and i dont even know where to start guys :au:

:ttiwwop:

I dont see anything.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
so im pretty sure the autostart i purchased is a gigatntic peice of ****... however it was only $50...

anyways, its an "Ultra Start" and i have read that the range on this thing is only about 15feet... TERRIBLE... i will install this thing anyways and if i am not happy i suppose i will put it up on ebay and figure it out later.

is there a better place to put the reciever so that i can start my car from a reasonable distance like at least 50ft
15 ft? You almost have to be outside anyway to start the truck then if that's the case. Does the system not come with an external antenna? If the antenna is a length of wire coming out of the receiver, then place it as high as possible and away from metal. Best place for that would probably be under the dash right behind the radio.