Has anyone removed thier lower valence?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hammer40

Reaction score
I wondering if anyone has removed the lower valence off thier Tahoe???

I just finished lifting my Tahoe 2" and the lower air dam looks even more out of place now.

If you have removed it, do you have any pictures of it off.

Thanks,

Jeff

noble

Reaction score
it doesnt look right b/c after u take it off there is still a small lip on the bottom that is the same color as the bumper & it has small slits in it all the way across to hold that lower valance

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which 2-inch lift did you get? Was it a spacer or coil lift? Post your driving impressions (especially offroad) and some pics!

hammer40

Reaction score
Which 2-inch lift did you get? Was it a spacer or coil lift? Post your driving impressions (especially offroad) and some pics!

It was the Rough Country Leveling kit. I wanted bigger tires and was able to fit 275/60/20 on 20" x 9.5" black chrome wheels after installing the kit. Hasn't been offroad since the lift.

Jeff

Attachments

• after.JPG
    after.JPG
    213.9 KB · Views: 53

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
take it off and come back with a razor blade/utility knife and take the tabs off.

hammer40

Reaction score
I had a shop behind my office install it for me. They had to slide the running boards back 3/4" as well in order to clear the larger tires.

The ride wasn't affected by installing the leveling kit.

Jeff

srmitchell

Reaction score
Sounds good.

We want to fit some 275 60 20's on ours, and that looks like a good option.

frankthetank

Reaction score
I took the lower valence off of my yukon after installing a ranch hand grill guard. Looks a 100% better if you are trying to get away from the lowered look they have from the factory. I have a dark blue so the tabs are not so visible, but it would be very easy to cut them off. Also, if you were wondering about noticing any added wind noise, I have not noticed even with the grill guard on.

Dirty brown hoe

Reaction score
after i installed my brush guard i took it off...it looks rugged and great...check mine out on my pics...

KevSmoove

Reaction score
I did the same not too long ago. Installed a 2.5" front leveling kit with a 1" rear spacer. Felt the running boards and front valence looked out of place, so took them off too. I will post some pics for you; looks much better. I, too, removed the tabs with a razor blade. It cut through the tabs like butter, just take your time. The best part is that it gives the appearance that the Tahoe is lifted even more.

KevSmoove

Reaction score
Pics

Attachments

• IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0996.jpg
    IMG_0996.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited: