Heater control issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kd_unruh

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Tahoe and lately I have had an intermittent problem with the heater control. Every once in a while I will run the heater, then when it's warm in the cabin, I try to lower the temp, but it still stays on high heat. Even turning it to full cold and turning on the A/C has no effect on it. The fan speed and whether I have it blowing on feet, through the dash or defrost makes no difference. Since this is intermittent, I'm assuming it something that's sticking, but I have no idea where to start looking. Can anyone provide some input on this? Thanks!

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
switches check out OK? sounds like the switch isnt working right once its warm in the cabin.

jpmaniac87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gotta get it from the stealership most likely. it's the hvac blend door actuator

kd_unruh

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. It's been performing fine the last couple of weeks. I'm going to try to find that actuator. Thanks again!!!