Help dropping my bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NUTZ

Reaction score
Hello All, I recently purchased a 1996 2D tahoe with a 6" Superlift. I love the truck and it looks great, but I received a warning the other day for my bumper height. My bumper measured 27" and the state law is 25", so what can I do to lower my bumpers 2-3 inches?

Thanks in advance:)

Last edited:

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if youre worried about illegalities that much, you should check the headlight height too. what state do you live in? otherwise, i apologize for not knowing how to lower your bumper. maybe you can flip the brackets?

992door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a different bumper that is about 2" taller

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your going to have to build or have someone build new brackets for them to drop them the right way.

you could try to find some that are aftermarket and lower.

that or put something under them like diamond plate or whatever to make them lower...

not a real easy way to go about it.

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would read in depth into your laws as well. I know with NH for instance we have 30 inch bumper hieght law, but if your bumper has been tampered with I.E. lowered the hieght is then taken from the ends of the frame, wich is usually higher than the factory bumper.