HELP!!! Got the Baer Brakes installed BUT...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, got the Baer brakes installed and the pedal is so soft it just goes to the floor when I press it and it doesn't stop. I was doing 15 MPH and it took about 50 feet to stop when I pressed the pedal, I had the master cylinder replaced, they took apart and re-installed the calipers and rotors, replaced the brake lines for the hoses, and now I am back to Baer brakes and braided lines but I have minimal if no stopping power. I have to press the pedal repeatedly and quickly for it to bite when I press it. The shop doesn't know what's wrong, the dealership "electronically bled the system" 3 times. Anybody knows WTF?!?!?!?! Baer wants me to send them various pics of each rotor from different angles to see if the install is properly done, I have no leaks and they were able to bleed the brakes just fine at the shop.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they bleed the brakes the "old school" way?

We use the brake bleeder machine at work and it dosen't work ALL of the time, especially when it comes to replacing the calipers and bleeding them with it.

Did they bleed the ABS actuator correctly?

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they bleed the brakes the "old school" way?

We use the brake bleeder machine at work and it dosen't work ALL of the time, especially when it comes to replacing the calipers and bleeding them with it.

Did they bleed the ABS actuator correctly?

ABS actuator, here is a new term we didn't explore, thanks metro I will have them look at it roght now, I am on the way to the shop.

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, anyone????? I am going nuts here, I have no vehicle, has anyone ANY other suggestions????

PaulC

Reaction score
If you have a mushy, low pedal, you're compressing air when you're stepping on the brakes. Go to a different shop, who pressure bleeds brakes, and has the hardware/software to properly work the ABS actuators during the bleeding process to bleed out trapped air in that area. You need to find out what EXACTLY is the process/software GM uses for this purpose.

I assume that Baer confirms that the stock master cylinder has the capacity to fully work the wheel cylinders.