Help Installing Headrest DVD Players

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tripberger

Reaction score
I just bought the GMC factory headrest DVD players and the installation instructions are terrible. Is there anyone that has done this install that could give me a hand? I have finally managed to get the headrests off(which was an ordeal) and I have no idea where to run the wiring and tap into the power suppy. Can anyone give me some tips? Thanks in advance.

Gettreal

Reaction score
Yep, I did mine myself....

send an email to [email protected] if you still need help and I will take pics for you. Took me about an hour to install.

Steve

tripberger

Reaction score
I finally got it done after about 2 hours fishing wire through the seats which turned out to be the toughest part. I ran the ciragette lighter power sourse up through the center console to the 12v power source there to have an easy way to power down the system if needed.

Gettreal

Reaction score
do you still have the power connection that came with the dvd player or did you cut it off to get power somewhere else?

If you still have it, its a 3 prong connection and there is an available slot under the dashboard for you to just plug it in. Its a 12+ a ground and a switched power so it will turn on only with the key.. if you want I can take a pic of that as well

Steve

Edited***

Click on this link. Its a thread that shows where you can just plug the power into... its exactly how mine is hooked up.

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=421

tripberger

Reaction score
Thanks much! That helps, now I'll have to put the switch box in another place, where is yours?

gm_geek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually did a video on how to install headrest monitors
video was done on Escalade, but very close to Tahoe/Yukon. at least will give some of You idea

here is the link below

http://cadillacintegration.com/resources.html

you'll see 2 links on that page refering for the headrest installation

tripberger

Reaction score
I actually did a video on how to install headrest monitors
video was done on Escalade, but very close to Tahoe/Yukon. at least will give some of You idea

here is the link below

http://cadillacintegration.com/resources.html

you'll see 2 links on that page refering for the headrest installation

The links on your page under "video" do not work right as they all play music files. As I looking in the wrong place?

lawrencesor

Reaction score
bump i just got mine for my 07 tahoe and having a hard time. someone please help. it's the oem invision headrest.