Help!!! Wacky wiring!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgonzalez

Reaction score
Just purchased 2007 Tahoe, and it had some sort of stereo or alarm system that required a 2nd battery and has a little led green light indicator under the steering wheel. Has been draining both batteries and killed alternator... replaced alternator and grounded a loose wire, but is still draining batteries. I need to know HOW to get this weird, extra system of electronic nothingness out of the vehicle. Do I start at the 2nd battery and work backwards? Any suggetions as to what kind of thing is IN the vehicle? FYI I am the wife of the man doing the work on the truck so bear with me on the terminology.

EMF Audio

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you don't have a system in it, take the second battery out. 1 bad battery can cause the other to go bad (which may be the problem). It may be worth testing both batteries individually. As far as the green light device, may be an alarm left in valet mode. That's one of those things you gotta look at the box and see what it says.

OrvilleDoyle

Reaction score
If you don't have a system in it, take the second battery out. 1 bad battery can cause the other to go bad (which may be the problem). It may be worth testing both batteries individually. As far as the green led light device, may be an alarm left in valet mode. That's one of those things you gotta look at the box and see what it says.

Nice suggestion but do you not feel it is too late to reply.:smiley-face-popcorn:smiley-face-popcorn:smiley-face-popcorn

Last edited:

EMF Audio

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nice suggestion but do you not feel it is too late to reply.:smiley-face-popcorn:smiley-face-popcorn:smiley-face-popcorn

Just like how I found it, others can come across it down the line, and info is info.