Hey all! New Tahoe owner, plenty of questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevrol8t

Reaction score
Morning everyone! (AZ time) Just purchased my first Tahoe (2000 /new body style) about two weeks ago. However this Tahoe is need some engine work (when I say engine work I mean I have a rebuilt on the way :p )

Body is clean and straight and minus one window motor all other electric work

Got the Tahoe very reasonably because of that (engine) but I did find out something that just recently started. I knew about the dreaded "pump rub" even before buying this Tahoe but for the most part everything looked fine underneath until I noticed a leak from the transfer case about two days ago.

I was already prepping to buy the rebuilt housing with the "pump rub fix kit." However I noticed that the leak wasn't coming from the actual housing but from the transfer case shift motor housing mated to the transfer case.

So my question(s) is this: Does this module actually have fluid inside to leak or is it coming from the transfer case through the module? If it's the latter does this mean my transfer case is failing or it's just a seal that needs replacing?

Coming from a Chevy Astro AWD with 279k miles on her before her untimely demise I never had such issues so little advice would go a long way...

Thanks!