High Speed Whistles??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright guys my Tahoe is having a few minor problems and I want to take it to the dealer at around after Christmas and have them fix these problems. Some of the most annoying ones is the exterior drivers mirror shaking at High speeds and the horrible amount of wind noise and whistling that goes on around highway speeds (it was so bad today I thought the car was gonna break down or something). What should I do, and do you'll think its serious or normal?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have any whistling, there is some wind noise, but its sure better than the 1.0 drag silverado. LOL But no tea pots. Just the wind every once and a while, but I only here it when above 90 or if its windy. day to day 65-75 is quite plesant.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read several threads discussing your problem. I'd try to get the dealer to fix if still under warranty.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problems with my Denali.
Solutions:
Mirror - There was a service bulletin out, and the dealer should know about it. They do something with the tension to stop the vibration(or something like that).
Whistles - I got used to it. Very Annoying!
Radio making noises when on AUX, loud volume, and high speed - No way around it. Also very annoying.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks guys!
I have to find this whistle and make the dealer fix it, I guess I will also have to Dynamat Extreme the whole car apart from the roof!

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a tech at a dealership, but I won't say which manufacturer...:lol:

Anyways, wind noises are the WORST things to try to find on a vehicle, next to squeaks & rattles of course...;)