how do you release fuel pressure before changing fuel filter???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockman20

Reaction score
I've always just cracked the line. I also make sure that I remove the filler cap just in case there is some pressure built up in the tank. Otherwise I just crack the line and let it blead out on it's own. On my 04 Trailblazer I had, I just unsnapped the coupler and released it that way.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always use to have the vehicle running, pull the fuse to the fuel pump, and as soon as the vehicle dies, then you know that you have no more fuel pressure. Also sometimes on fuel rails they will have a valve, kinda like a tire stem valve that you air up your tires, I would just depress the valve core and relieve the pressure that way.

radkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always use to have the vehicle running, pull the fuse to the fuel pump, and as soon as the vehicle dies, then you know that you have no more fuel pressure.

I'v always done this as well.

Also sometimes on fuel rails they will have a valve, kinda like a tire stem valve that you air up your tires, I would just depress the valve core and relieve the pressure that way.
Keep a rag handy for that method as you may have some gas spurting out.