How long do you plan to keep you're 07/08 Tahoe/Yukon?

How long do you plan on Keeping you're 07/08 Tahoe /Yukon?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KSEngineer

Reaction score
$3000 to $4000 for a tranny or 40K for a new Tahoe. I think the new tranny is cheaper unless my math is wrong.

To each his own, I guess. I am not interested in spending a $4000 maintenance bill on a +/- $20,000 (depending on age) vehicle with 100,000 miles on it. The $4000 you spend on maintenance is the $4000 you are out + $4000 that you don't have to put toward your new ride. That's $8000 you could put down on a new vehicle if you do it prior to having a major maintenance issue like a tranny going out. I will be trading prior to the expiration of the power train warranty.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
To each his own, I guess. I am not interested in spending a $4000 maintenance bill on a +/- $20,000 (depending on age) vehicle with 100,000 miles on it. The $4000 you spend on maintenance is the $4000 you are out + $4000 that you don't have to put toward your new ride. That's $8000 you could put down on a new vehicle if you do it prior to having a major maintenance issue like a tranny going out. I will be trading prior to the expiration of the power train warranty.

The way I see it, unless the vehicle becomes a money pit there is no reason to replace it, as trans missions do have problems at a certain point.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my Grand Prix intending on owning it for a long time... Then two years later I see the cool new GMT900 Tahoe and just HAVE to have one. But I intend on keeping this one for a long time...

akim47

Reaction score
i have 11,000 miles in 4.5 months... at this rate ill be at 100K in no time... i dont understand since i only live 11 mi from work... i guess this car is THAT fun to drive... (1 trip to yosemite and 3 trips to mammoth later)...

i wish i could keep this car for many years, but i just have a funny feeling about the durability. i used to see so many of the older style tahoes and yukons but don't see as many any more. and for the style beyond that (i guess circa '00) they are a rarity... so i hope this car lasts... but i have my doubts...

CobraKai

Reaction score
I plan on keeping this one at least 100,000 miles, probably 125,000 or so. I kept my last rig until 122,000 miles. I tend to keep my cars for awhile.

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figure about 10 years. That will give me about 150,000 miles. I hope GM will keep parts and suppplies around for these vehicles, until then.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
i have 11,000 miles in 4.5 months... at this rate ill be at 100K in no time... i dont understand since i only live 11 mi from work... i guess this car is THAT fun to drive... (1 trip to yosemite and 3 trips to mammoth later)...

i wish i could keep this car for many years, but i just have a funny feeling about the durability. i used to see so many of the older style tahoes and yukons but don't see as many any more. and for the style beyond that (i guess circa '00) they are a rarity... so i hope this car lasts... but i have my doubts...[/QUOTE

Taking the Tahoe on trips makes it more enjoyable.

PatrykKoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if gas goes to $10 a gallon? Who's selling at that point?

I fill up once a week, so even at $10 a gallon, I'd be spending $220 a week on gas, and $880 a month on gas. That's about $29 a day in gas. Right now I spend $290 a month on gas. It'd cost me $590 more a month, which is really only $19 more a day. If I got rid of my car, and got a different one, I could probably go a week and a half on a tank. Let's say it's a 17 gallon tank, I'd spend about $450 a month in gas filling up 2 2/3 times a month. That's only $430 difference a month from what I would still spend in my Denali which is only $14 a day. I know some people that spend more than $14 a day on some dumb things, you'd just have to manage your money better. I think I'd rather keep my Denali at $14 a day, then drive a lil' small car. Now... this is my situation, for someone that fills up 2 or 3 times a week... I dunno, I'd prob get a go kart, haha:) But hey... what can you do if that happens...? it's gonna make it tough for everyone, and I guess you just have to be proactive about it :)

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had mine since Feb 07 and just turned 9,000 miles. My last Tahoe was a 97 and I traded it in with about 150,000 miles. So, hopefully, this one will last me forever - would need a second job to pay for another one and/or for the gas prices in the Chicago area!

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Highly recommend.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fill up once a week, so even at $10 a gallon, I'd be spending $220 a week on gas, and $880 a month on gas. That's about $29 a day in gas. Right now I spend $290 a month on gas. It'd cost me $590 more a month, which is really only $19 more a day. If I got rid of my car, and got a different one, I could probably go a week and a half on a tank. Let's say it's a 17 gallon tank, I'd spend about $450 a month in gas filling up 2 2/3 times a month. That's only $430 difference a month from what I would still spend in my Denali which is only $14 a day. I know some people that spend more than $14 a day on some dumb things, you'd just have to manage your money better. I think I'd rather keep my Denali at $14 a day, then drive a lil' small car. Now... this is my situation, for someone that fills up 2 or 3 times a week... I dunno, I'd prob get a go kart, haha:) But hey... what can you do if that happens...? it's gonna make it tough for everyone, and I guess you just have to be proactive about it :)

Nice analysis.
Me, I'd just try to drive a bit less, plan trips to the store a bit better.

Islanti

Reaction score
For me I'll be keeping my '07 LTZ for at least 100,000 miles thanks to the warranty. My hope is I can keep it for 10 years though.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a terrible track record for keeping cars because I get bored of them quickly or my needs change. I haven't been able to keep one for more than 3 or 4 years and the last two only lasted 2 years before I traded them in to get the Denali. I'm really enjoying the Denali now and I hope to keep it a long time--hopefully at least 5 years.

I don't have a big commute so if I can keep it for 100,000 miles I'll be amazed :eek:.

DRTYH0

Reaction score
Damn I already have 130,000 on my 01 and I though I was doing good...I live in Houston so nothing is close..from work to school and other activities the miles rack up.. I figure as long as I maintain it will last...So I guess i plan on keeping mine till the wheels fall off or the econonmy gets better.....So it looks like the wheels will be falling off....