How many Flip Out TV owners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many in dash Flip Out TV owners?
Is the column shifter, in the way?
Will i lose the rear entainment controls(Volume,Ear phone jacks,and radio access)?

Attachments

• Cup Holder.jpg
    Cup Holder.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 27

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You will lose the REC. The shifter is in the way as well; you will have to hold the shifter back while the screen transits in and out. I had a Pioneer flip out but put it into one of my other cars because of this and built a custom monitor down below in the center console instead.

jayhawk25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have also talked with a few shops and they also said the column shifter gets in the way so i am going to look at doing just a regular HU instead

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want the screen get a flush mount like AVIC-D3 from pioneer , it will fill up the whole space

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want the screen get a flush mount like AVIC-D3 from pioneer , it will fill up the whole space

I wanted a double din possibly with NAV, but came across a in dash flip dirt cheap from some guy @ that really really really needed money. So i want to put it on, for now till i $$$$$ to get a Good Double Din Alpine,Kenwood,Eclipse,maybe Pioneer

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The provision for the head unit isn't double dIn in the pre-03 models. You'll have to trim the instrument cluster/dash trim piece to get a double din to fit.

oh2tahoe

Reaction score
I have a flip up and it is really a pain with the shifter. It makes me not even want to have a tv in there, I'm thinking of just buying a flashy head unit and selling the screen.

Crazydefense32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DSCN0433.jpg

Heres mine, the shifter doesn't get in the way at all. :Chevy:

JRB07

Reaction score
I have a pioner in dash on my 00 tahoe, it dont get in the way most of the time,only when it flips in when i turn of the truck on park, then you just move the shifter while its still on park to the front a lil but its not that big of a problem, only if you dont do it then it wont flep in, it would stay stuck

JRB07

Reaction score
Image039.jpg

Image045.jpg

Image044.jpg

This is how mine looks when the screen is out, and its coming in, like in the pic thats all i got to do so it wont hit the shifter

str8wkd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Alpine d-900 flip out i just have it set to stay out until i want it to go in and if you get infered headphones you can still watch RSE the heater controls still work but not audio of the rse so I bought DEI wireless and now kids happy again

Brandon6127

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have one and it didnt get in the way. I actually was cutting it close with the ridge that sticks out over the stereo. My unit was set in there so that when the monitor came out it couldnt go back all the way, had to adjust it forward. Anyone know how i might move the heater controls slightly though. I am trying now to install something like this. http://tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=3437 instead of a motorized one like i had. I am coming up slightly short however because it calls for 3.93"H and all i can seem to get is about 3.75 at the MAX. Any help woudl be AWSOME

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the flip out isnt a big deal with the shifter in the way i just open mine after i put it in gear?