How many love the current Tahoe Body style?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while i do like it, i like my style better, i dont know why, i just do, NOW I HATE THE YUKON STYLE, UGLY FRONT END, but if i got a good deal on one i would not pass it up. i would take a tahoe NBS, or OBS in a heart beat, but not the new yukons.

one thing i do like about the new ones is the new interior, alot nicer than mine IMO, looks more classy. but the new styles look HUGE from the outside, but seem to have a smaller interior on the inside, im not sure why that is.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like mine, if I could go back I might spring for the Z71 as I like the fenders and front bumper more. But I'm still very happy with it. Definitely the best yet!

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
while i do like it, i like my style better, i dont know why, i just do, NOW I HATE THE YUKON STYLE, UGLY FRONT END, but if i got a good deal on one i would not pass it up. i would take a tahoe NBS, or OBS in a heart beat, but not the new yukons.

one thing i do like about the new ones is the new interior, alot nicer than mine IMO, looks more classy. but the new styles look HUGE from the outside, but seem to have a smaller interior on the inside, im not sure why that is.

I don't really care for the Yukon grill, but I love the Sierra grill go figure.

wreckless123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love them all. From 95-08 I have never had any complaints on the looks..

terd fergeson

Reaction score
i like the fenders on the 2nd gen 'lades. if the new hoes had em....i wouldnt ask anything more.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like both body styles, but if they were still making the old body style and the new ones, I would pick the old one. I really have enjoyed my '04 and just put my 16 year old daughter in an '03 Denali. I like my wife's '07, but I'm not totally sold on it. We've had some mechanical issues with it and it's only got 7k miles on it. I think I'm the opposite of most of the people that drive Tahoes, I like the inside of the OBS better, but the front of the new one better. To me, the interior of the OBS is much much more comfortable and driver driver oriented than the NBS. That's just me.

I loved the NBS when I picked up my wifes and planned on buying myself an 08 LTZ within the next month or two, but I'm leaning more towards a Range Rover Sport, possibly Sierra Denali, I'm kinda torn :umn: .

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like both body styles, but if they were still making the old body style and the new ones, I would pick the old one. I really have enjoyed my '04 and just put my 16 year old daughter in an '03 Denali. I like my wife's '07, but I'm not totally sold on it. We've had some mechanical issues with it and it's only got 7k miles on it. I think I'm the opposite of most of the people that drive Tahoes, I like the inside of the OBS better, but the front of the new one better. To me, the interior of the OBS is much much more comfortable and driver driver oriented than the NBS. That's just me.

I loved the NBS when I picked up my wifes and planned on buying myself an 08 LTZ within the next month or two, but I'm leaning more towards a Range Rover Sport, possibly Sierra Denali, I'm kinda torn :umn: .

im torn between a new suburban ltz or z71, or a new range rover super charged. but that 94k for a vehicle im gunna put tons of miles on scares me to death.\

i had a sierra denali (08) and i likes it, but had a classic pick up truck ride, and ate gas like crazy ( i averages 9 mpg city, but i was wild with it LOL) it was nice (very) dont get me wrong, but i was never gunna use it the way a truck was intended to be used. i have my yukon for that.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
im torn between a new suburban ltz or z71, or a new range rover super charged. but that 94k for a vehicle im gunna put tons of miles on scares me to death.\

i had a sierra denali (08) and i likes it, but had a classic pick up truck ride, and ate gas like crazy ( i averages 9 mpg city, but i was wild with it LOL) it was nice (very) dont get me wrong, but i was never gunna use it the way a truck was intended to be used. i have my yukon for that.

a new range rover super charged?:skep: :skep: :skep: we need to talk. I want to save you from a disaster, you can thank me later.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah, thats exactly how I feel about the Denali and Range Rover. I have driven all of the Range Rovers and if money and mileage was no issue, I would definitely go withthe supercharged Range Rover, but I can't see putting 30k a year on a $94k car. That's why I like the Sport, but to get it the way I want it is going to run me up to anywhere from $64k to $67k, which is fine, but I just don't know if that's what I want.

I drove a Sierra Denali yesterday and I loved it, but I felt like I was driving an Escalade that rode like Silverado. The problem is I don't think I could ever make myself take it off road.

So, as of right now, I'm looking at 08 LTZ, Range Rover, BMW 550i, and I've just about ruled out the Sierra Denali. I need to make up my mind soon, though, the lease is up in 2 weeks on the Mustang. I'm gonna get nailed on that when I turn it in, 83k miles on a 60k allowance :zav: .

Something keeps telling me to settle for the 08 Tahoe LTZ, but something else keeps telling me to go for something more. I've wanted a BMW 550i for a while now, I just keep straying away from it because of the price, but maybe it's time to jump in. It'd be a good 40th birthday present to myself :ktoe: .

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, thats exactly how I feel about the Denali and Range Rover. I have driven all of the Range Rovers and if money and mileage was no issue, I would definitely go withthe supercharged Range Rover, but I can't see putting 30k a year on a $94k car. That's why I like the Sport, but to get it the way I want it is going to run me up to anywhere from $64k to $67k, which is fine, but I just don't know if that's what I want.

I drove a Sierra Denali yesterday and I loved it, but I felt like I was driving an Escalade that rode like Silverado. The problem is I don't think I could ever make myself take it off road.

So, as of right now, I'm looking at 08 LTZ, Range Rover, BMW 550i, and I've just about ruled out the Sierra Denali. I need to make up my mind soon, though, the lease is up in 2 weeks on the Mustang. I'm gonna get nailed on that when I turn it in, 83k miles on a 60k allowance :zav: .

Something keeps telling me to settle for the 08 Tahoe LTZ, but something else keeps telling me to go for something more. I've wanted a BMW 550i for a while now, I just keep straying away from it because of the price, but maybe it's time to jump in. It'd be a good 40th birthday present to myself :ktoe: .

that same feeling keeps coming to me to got with an 07-08 suburban or tahoe.

but i like the bmw x5, land rover supercharged, 08 burban/hoe,HUMMER h2 i figure i could get a fully loaded one for like 65k and get more off road capability than the land rover, buick enclave, i really like that as its is so smooth and my dad has one and i really like it, that may be the way we go as i like all the features and its still 25mpg,and porche cyanne turbo (500 hp, ROCKS) i have a birthday in march and its the BIG 21. so i want somthing specail, im not a sedan person (except for my 86 fleetwood best 500 i ever spent, that thing is NICE) :yesnod:

Last edited:

sk4ravens

Reaction score
The new body style I believe is the best I have seen for a tahoe. However I have a freind who still loves the old body style. But I am trying to show him pictures of mine to hopefully persuade him into getting one when he has kids.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell, how do you afford these things being twenty one?

My wife thinks the car thing is just mid-life crisis, but mid-life crisis hasn't hit me quite yet, if it keeps up the way it has been the last 2 years, it probably never will :D . But then again, I'm up at 12:45 on Saturday night working. Taking the occasional break to daydream about nice rides ;) .

I've never really been a sedan person either, but I really like the 550i, and besides that, I'm going to start being on the road more and more the next year or two, so I may want something a little smaller. BMW x5 is a nice ride, too. I haven't ever driven one, I might need to check one of them out, too.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can you afford that just being 21???

i have my ways, no i can, but i dont like to advertise that like a big jerk. :thumbsup:

but i m just lucky and smart with my money, i take 6% of every house i sell, and even in this hard time of bad economy i sell about 2-3 a month.

but i keep cars a long time, so i would probably do a 60 month finance, since my yukon is paid off and i have a smaller monthy payment for my house, all i need to sell is my investment house ( has a curse on it i swear) and im golden, o yea, and i get some help from my parents.

but hell, im just dreaming, i will probably end up witha 40k lt3 tahoe, i was just thinking out loud that if i changes this, sold this stock, stopped buying this. i can do it, but too many life changes to be worth it, so yea i will probably end up with a charger RT or SRT or tahoe.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have my ways, no i can, but i dont like to advertise that like a big jerk. :thumbsup:

but i m just lucky and smart with my money, i take 6% of every house i sell, and even in this hard time of bad economy i sell about 2-3 a month.

but i keep cars a long time, so i would probably do a 60 month finance, since my yukon is paid off and i have a smaller monthy payment for my house, all i need to sell is my investment house ( has a curse on it i swear) and im golden, o yea, and i get some help from my parents.

Hey, if you can afford it at that age, more power to ya.

Yeah, I feel free now that I paid off my daughters Denali and wife's Hoe yesterday. I absolutely hate having debt, don't like that hanging on my shoulders. So, as of now, no more car payments. Well, for a couple weeks at least :lol:.
I just priced out an Escalade and this is what I came up with:
2008 ESCALADE All-Wheel Drive: $59,390.00
Ext: Black Raven
Int: Cocoa/very Light Cashmere Nuance Leather Seating Surfaces
Total Additional Options:$10,125.00
Vehicle Total: $69,515.00

Price doesn't look all that much better than a BMW. Might need to open up a poll about this one :smilielol: . I just looked up that X5 and it looks nice. I'm going to ride down tomorrow and look at the 550i and X5 in person.

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but hell, im just dreaming, i will probably end up witha 40k lt3 tahoe, i was just thinking out loud that if i changes this, sold this stock, stopped buying this. i can do it, but too many life changes to be worth it, so yea i will probably end up with a charger RT or SRT or tahoe.

I thought you only liked the XL/Burb? Tahoes are easier for me to manage, the extra length kills me parking an XL.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought you only liked the XL/Burb? Tahoes are easier for me to manage, the extra length kills me parking an XL.

naw ther not bad at all, but i have always had a big truck, so im used to if since i was 15 and had a permit. :man: the first vehicle i ever drove was a 1997 silverado 3/4 ton. so im just born to drive them i guess.

tahoe- why, smaller, better economy, plus i have a big one already, dont need too, dont have kids yet ( and i hope not soon :lol:)

but i look at a charger or tahoe that is 42k, and i can pay that off in a year or two, or i look at a land rover, hummer, bimmer, and say i have that ball and chain on me for 6 or 7 years, i dont want that. :wow:

btw, what do you do for a living, you seem to have a nack for new cars right now, and i dont think i could ever afford 3 new cars in one month .LOL and pay them off so soon.

i looked at an esky, but talked to my mother about it and she shot it down by saying her clients ( apperently drug dealers who got cought) drive them, or black rap dudes and i dont need this "bling bling thing" as she called it. LOL.