How many miles on 1 tank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D'Hag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My "Range" output on the dash, added to the trip odometer, consistently adds up to 430 miles.

From fill to when the fuel light comes on, I get right around 400 miles on a tank. MPG averages just over 16, mostly Interstate highway driving at 65-70 mph.
Lol.. yeah, no driving like an ass.

Well maybe my truck is not being as gas efficient as it could be? I have read of people getting 19-20 at 55 on the freeway. I've managed to get about 17 on those stretches...:ack:
If we drive only on our 2-lane highways at 55 mph, mine averages just over 21 mpg, and has gone as high as 23 mpg. On such trips I get a little over 500 miles on a tank.

Only mods (so far) was a K&N filter (not the intake kit) and a set of Bosch Platinum+4 plugs. Each improved the mpg. The two mods combined upped the mpg by better than 25%.

Oh... and I save "driving like an ass" for my Firebird, which is built for it. :D

jetmw

Reaction score
6.0 liter engine
550-600 miles on a tank ... the Hybrid rocks!

angelmom05

Reaction score
How come my 2014 Tahoe LT would say I could go 482 miles on a full tank but this 2014 will only go 419? Any comments?