How to get volume back in Nav and Onstar voice after Non-Bose Nav install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CliffHux

Reaction score
The '08 Tahoe I just bought had an Acadia Nav already put in it, non Bose system. I can barely hear the Nav and On-star voice, as well as the chimes (I read that this is normal after this install). My question is if I install an amp, will this fix this? Or what's the best approach? I was wanting more juice for my speakers anyways because they've lost their volume capacity. Thanks!

bowtie_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the nav volume up all the way? Start there and see if that fixes the problem. You can access it through the touchscreen settings.

CliffHux

Reaction score
Last night it was quite. Today it was at full blast. Then tonight I used it again and it was super quiet again. I didn't touch anything in between uses. After it was quiet tonight I checked the volume again and it was still maxed out.

SubZ3r0

Reaction score
you might want to check the axxcess adapter they used. if your factory steering wheel controls dont work then you might have to manually raise the onstar volume with a screwdriver or the bare wire.

when you install a aftermarket radio on these newer SUV's you need a harness kit that keeps your door chimes. onstar, XM..etc.. I would look into it and see what exactly you have but when i got my aftermarket radio for my tahoe i got an axxcess harness with an steeringwheel controls harness so it would work and keep everything..and my onstar works fine. Ill put a link below to the site because its the most popular brand people use yet there are others.

http://www.axxessinterface.com/

also check out this site..it will tell you everything u need to have your setup working properly!!

http://www.crutchfield.com/