I cant stop laughing! Warranty offer from GM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an offer for an extended warranty for my Tahoe.
There is a very good chance that GM may go bankrupt and make all warranties worthless. Who in their right mind would buy an extended warranty until GM is in the clear financially.

Rebound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still getting junk mail for that - and I'm 15k+ miles past my original warranty now.

Wish they'd just shut up.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep getting calls saying my vehicles warrenty is about ready to expire. rado has been out of warrenty for ever, vette is 2 years away plus only has like 5k on it and has been voided with all the modding I have done. Yukon has a B2B until 120k. So one day I pushed the button to connect to a live person, they said "high thank you for contacting us about an extended warrenty, would you like to hear our offers?" I said "sure but which vehicle is it for" "click":smilielol:

blackberry addict

Reaction score
The dealership where I bought my 2007 yukon already shut down. They were there since the 70's I believe.

strangeengine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an offer for an extended warranty for my Tahoe.
There is a very good chance that GM may go bankrupt and make all warranties worthless. Who in their right mind would buy an extended warranty until GM is in the clear financially.

Extended warranties are underwritten by 3rd party insurance companies. The chances of them going away with a GM bankruptcy are about zero.

You may not be able to find anywhere to service it, however. :)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Extended warranties are underwritten by 3rd party insurance companies. The chances of them going away with a GM bankruptcy are about zero.

You may not be able to find anywhere to service it, however. :)

Well, some warrentys let you service it at your local shop. SO actully an aftermarket warrenty may be better than a GM one. free stuff at your trusty shop. Best of both worlds IMO.

DownTownDru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM Major Guard along with the lower tiers are underwritten by GMAC, owned 49% by GM and 51% by Cerebrus (Chrysler). GMAC was recently granted bank holding status by the Feds and got a 6 billion bailout just last night as well (5 for GMAC, 1 for GM to invest in GMAC). Seems the gov't is committed to keeping GMAC afloat... no worries about the GM extended warranties now IMHO.

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM would never make it warranties to its customers obsolete..even if they do declare bankruptcy its just bad business.

What most people don't get is that bankruptcy is not necessarily a bad thing, its just a way for a company to restructure its debts...just like circuit city, theyre still here arent they?

1CLNTHO

Reaction score
I dont mean to backtrack the thread but has anyone else been getting those damn phone calls from random states and area codes saying that their vehicles warranty is about to expire? I have been trying for months to get rid of these damn phone calls but i cant figure it out. I get em every day at different times; everytime i press 0 to get to an operator, it disconnects me. Sometimes it even has the nerve to call me back 10-15 minutes later. JW if anyone else has had this problem and got rid of it? I dont think its GM because my friend owns a ford and has the same problem?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM would never make it warranties to its customers obsolete..even if they do declare bankruptcy its just bad business.

What most people don't get is that bankruptcy is not necessarily a bad thing, its just a way for a company to restructure its debts...just like circuit city, theyre still here arent they?

yea but they suck major balls now. worse than ever. They fired all the Long time workers and kept the 16 year olds that dont know chit.

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, some warrentys let you service it at your local shop. SO actully an aftermarket warrenty may be better than a GM one. free stuff at your trusty shop. Best of both worlds IMO.
We get alot of customers at the dealership I work at, that have aftermarket extended warranties and you are right, they cover more stuff then factory warranties!
On a side note, Carmax offers the BEST extended warranty cause we make money at the dealership with them. They pretty much pay for anything, so we have a field day with them...:yesnod:

blackberry addict

Reaction score
I dont mean to backtrack the thread but has anyone else been getting those damn phone calls from random states and area codes saying that their vehicles warranty is about to expire? I have been trying for months to get rid of these damn phone calls but i cant figure it out. I get em every day at different times; everytime i press 0 to get to an operator, it disconnects me. Sometimes it even has the nerve to call me back 10-15 minutes later. JW if anyone else has had this problem and got rid of it? I dont think its GM because my friend owns a ford and has the same problem?

Yes, Just got another one yesterday... Also got a letter from Inland Valley Dealership San Bernardino if I need my truck serviced to take it to Tom Bell Chevrolet.. The GMC service manager works there now also.