Idling... is it the truck or me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vteccured

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

My name is John, im new to this forum, just recently purchased a 08 denali from a NJ dealer. It had 17 miles when i bought it, now very close to 900.

Im one of those people that like to hear the engine purring or roaring instead of listening to music. lol I know, im F'ed up! lol

I noticed at idle , there is a minor vibration... nothing that would shake the trucks cabin, but can feel it. I would figure on a 4cyl, but a 8cly which should be better balanced.

Now, is this just me being paranoid, or could there be something off with the truck.

No Engine lights, no missfiring detected.

Thanks guys,

JOHN

BOWTIEMAN

Reaction score
You really dont even have that thing broke in good."If it runs it vibrates".

08Zed71

Reaction score
I came out of a Range Rover (smooth as silk) and intially noticed the same kind of thing in my 08 Tahoe. 4,000 miles later it has calmed down and doesn't seem to vibrate as much.

DofD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've notice this with mine at times as well. It doesn't do it all the time and is only really noticeable if I am feeling for it. It could also have something to do with the ethanol content of the gas at this time of year in particular areas.

kars79

Reaction score
I came out of a Range Rover (smooth as silk) and intially noticed the same kind of thing in my 08 Tahoe. 4,000 miles later it has calmed down and doesn't seem to vibrate as much.

How do you like the tahoe compare to RR ?

Bigmike12

Reaction score
It's the truck. I just bought a 2007 Denali in Dec. It has the 6.2, and a idling rough. The tach drops and shudders. I don't know what it is! I have a tune from Blackbear and do not want to take in to the dealership incase they delete it.

Warren Seale

Reaction score
2008 4.8L runs rock solid. Except for the exhaust rumble you don't even know its on.

Warren

ntitan06

Reaction score
I had 2007 tahoe and it had a rough idle when i was at a stop light or whenever i stopped... it gets better but you will notice it if you are looking for it at all times.... took it to the dealer several times because i though it was not normal but i guess it is cause my 09 silverado does the same thing as well....

bigcsorren

Reaction score
It's the truck. I just bought a 2007 Denali in Dec. It has the 6.2, and a idling rough. The tach drops and shudders. I don't know what it is! I have a tune from Blackbear and do not want to take in to the dealership incase they delete it.

I have this same exact issue, and mine is bone stock. I took it in to the dealer and they acknowledged the issue but said it was normal.