turbo/twin turbo/ supercharge

• turbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • twin turbo

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • supercharge

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJTricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im thinking about turboing my tahoe or doing a supercharger.....

i would like to see instal pics of ether:
a roots blower
a turbo/twin turbo
or a vortec style

i remember i think there was a guy on here with a twin turbo tahoe. would i be able so see some instal pics?

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the powerdyne XB-1a supercharger:

32282600011_large.jpg

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
considering a supercharger in the future...what kind of internal engine upgrades are needed to accept the new piece?

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Powerdyne kit is a bolt on kit. I have bigger fuel injectors, headers, and a cat back exhaust. The engine was rebuilt before the supercharger install, but nothing was beefed up... 35K miles later it is still running :yesnod: I am getting ready to send the supercharger for a rebuild with upgraded parts.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That blower at Jegs is for use with a carb. Are you planning on getting rid of your fuel injection?

A lot of what you can do is going to be based on what compression ratio you have now. If your already at 10 to 1, you can only blow about 6 pounds before getting in to fuel problems.

The easiest and cheapest route would be to buy a kit specific to your engine and it will include the extra injectors to add fuel to the extra air.

What year is your truck?

DJTricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where would i have to relocate my alternator to? cus then i would have to run some more 0/1 gauge wire.

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The powerdyne kit comes with a new bracket that drops the alternator ~4 to 6 inches, can't remember how much exactly.