I'm new here...but I've been around the block a few times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garden Hoe

Reaction score
Hey Everyone...I just recently bought my 4th 2 door. I had a 93 blazer, 2 95 Yukon GT's and now I have 99 Tahoe Sport. This one I'm not gonna let go either! lol...It took me forever to find one in charcoal gray metallic with z71 and barn doors.

So anyway, I have one quick question for all of you. I replaced my front parking lights with LED bulbs and at first my blinkers would flash really fast. So I replaced the flasher...problem solved. But now the blinker indicators in the dash are lit up when I turn the lights on. I'm wondering if I replace my rear bulbs with LED's if this would fix it, but for now, I wanted to see if any of you have had this problem before or know how to fix it.

Thanks,
Dan

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats weird.

Welcome to the forum..glad you found the truck that you were searching for!
I think that maybe you have a voltage draw problem. Were the LED replacements you bought pre-wired with the load resistor?

fyremanpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its probaly the wrong bulb. I had a 94 s-10 Blazer and put the wrong bulbs in. When I used the turn signal the radio would turn off and turns wouldnt flash...and a couple other things I dont remember..Long story short I put in 2 prong bulbs not realizing it when I needed single prong. I would start there

Garden Hoe

Reaction score
Thanks guys...I'll look into it a little further. I'm thinking maybe the bulbs draw less power and that power needs to be taken up elsewhere.

Anyway here are some pics of my truck. These aren't current...they are just pics of when I bought it.

6763989361.242649366.IM1.03.JPG

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn those pics make me want to do the Denali front clip swap on mine so bad. (2-door denali)

thats a nice escalade.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this may sound odd.. but did you sell the escalade for any particular reason? or was it just to get that particualr option package on the new tahoe?

and speaking of front clip, I really like that light thing you got goin' on in the center of the front bumper.
what exatly is that setup? I've never seen that before.

DUDE, COUGH UP THE INFO! WHAT ELSE ARENT YOU TELLING US!

seriously, nice.

Garden Hoe

Reaction score
haha! I tried to make my caddy like a police/swat truck and that is the reason I bought it. I saw everyone doing the same ol thing to their glade's like big rims n such and I wanted to go the opposite route. You wouldn't believe how many people thought I just put the caddy front clip on a tahoe. I actually got into an argument with this guy at a gas station cus he just wouldn't believe it was a caddy and they all act like they know everything about cars. I guess most people look at the cadillac wreath as a badge of honor. I painted my wreath black and debadged it so maybe thats why.

Anyway, I sold the caddy cus I just couldn't get away from the 2 doors. I love em. And I wanted to buy a 99 since it was the last year for them, and I figure it will be somewhat of a collector truck down the road if not a great plow truck...lol. Also I live in the city and having the short wheelbase helps out a lot.

As far as the front push bar...it definitely wasn't made for a caddy/denali. But with a little modification, I was able to make it work. I had to lose the tow hooks but it still looked good and you never see it. The only thing the caddy was missing was big mud terrains. The tires I had on it were just too nice for me to fork up the extra cash for new ones.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats awesome. I like the tactical look. if you remember the make or brand of that thing ( or the roof rack for that matter ) post it here. Otheres will want to know that as well, I think.

my tow hooks are already gone... I think it (your pushbar) looks badass.

Last edited:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think maybe he thinks your debadged escalade is a yukon-into-denali conversion.. its a common misunderstanding. The badging and such are the only visible differences I think.. maybe a bit with the mouldings is different where the door opens and closes.
either way your SWAT style escalade is rad.

any luck on that light bar thingy?

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good god hahah.

Man, I have to say, honestly, that is most definitely the coolest looking Cadillac I have ever seen. I love your mindset about it and what you did with it. Just because it is a luxury SUV doesn't mean you have to put big rims and all that bull on it. It's a shame you got rid of it.

I always told everyone if I somehow got a Cadillac Escalade, the first thing I would do is lift it, get 33" mud terrains, and put exhaust on it.

As for the lighting issue, I really don't know. I'm not too experienced in that kind of stuff haha.

Garden Hoe

Reaction score
I think maybe he thinks your debadged escalade is a yukon-into-denali conversion.. its a common misunderstanding. The badging and such are the only visible differences I think.. maybe a bit with the mouldings is different where the door opens and closes.
either way your SWAT style escalade is rad.

any luck on that light bar thingy?

I'm workin on it lol...the seller I previously bought it from doesn't have it listed anymore but I'll find it for ya. It was only 65 bux or somethin

Garden Hoe

Reaction score
Good god hahah.

Man, I have to say, honestly, that is most definitely the coolest looking Cadillac I have ever seen. I love your mindset about it and what you did with it. Just because it is a luxury SUV doesn't mean you have to put big rims and all that bull on it. It's a shame you got rid of it.

I always told everyone if I somehow got a Cadillac Escalade, the first thing I would do is lift it, get 33" mud terrains, and put exhaust on it.

As for the lighting issue, I really don't know. I'm not too experienced in that kind of stuff haha.

Thanks man! yeah the first thing i did was lift it, and like i said b4, i wanted to put nice mud terrains on it but i just never got around to it. I definetly tried to go the complete opposite route of what everyone else was doing. But you wouldn't believe how many people thought my caddy was a disgrace to the name lol