Intake System for 00' Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Heat

Reaction score
I Have a 00' Z71 5.3L Tahoe, Looking to put a nice new intake into it for some added sound, power, and performance, Ive used MAC Intake Products before on My Ford Explorer and i loved it, Also K & N Makes a good product, Add a New Amsoil Air Filter and thats 1 sick combo, i need help deciding any suggestions??

Z71Heat

Reaction score
Yea that AEM Looks sick, its 275 and the k and n is 235....i don't mind spending the extra bucks but is the AEM Worth it?? or is the K&N Better? I Think the only diffrence is the filters.....

Gapp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the only AEM anything I've ever had. I was impressed, but I'm a K&N buyer for the most part. The way I see it, if you can get a slightly used CAI from somebody or a new one for a great price, jump all over it.

xxLoudAzTahoexx

Reaction score
i prefer k&n because if you want to get it fairly cheap you can get it off ebay i think i paid like 130 shipped for mine and if you go to k&ns website they provide and dyno chart for hp and torque on the 5.3 engine which is like 14whp i forgot the exact number and it was very easy to install. k&n makes 2 different models for the tahoe as well chrome and black the black have more of a gain then the chrome

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
The K&N and AirRaid systems are decent, but if you can get a system that doesn't ingest all that hot air from the engine bay, you'll get a denser charge, better combustion, and better overall performance. Volant and S&B Performance make some good systems for our truck that pick up cooler outside air.