Ipod Hook up / Sub Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLATLINE

Reaction score
I just recently bought an 04 Tahoe Z71 and love it. Came with a billet front grill, Dual Borla 4" exhaust and soon will have the K&N air intake.

I've been doing searches but cant find what i'm looking for SO my actual question is, I'm looking to get the 80gig iPod and was wondering the best way to wire it into the stock 6 disc indash changer. I also have the DVD RES so i dont want to mess with that.
I also have a 10" Infinite sub and Phoneix Gold amp that i might put behind the 3rd seat from my car. In my Jetta I had the RCA adapter run into the rear speakers and the remote into the CD changer wiring. Will i be able to do that on the Tahoe?

Thanks for the help,
Pete

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your gonna end up with something like this or something from PAC. I never mess with this stuff but it should give you a start.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=8030

I think by time you got done you'd be better off with a aftermarket HU that is iPod ready and has a subwoofer preout. This allows the iPod to be displayed at the HU and be controlled from the HU. I wouldn't think there is a adapter that allows the control from stock knobs.

Although you have to buy the brain for the HU to make the iPod work you will be more happy with the functionality.

FLATLINE

Reaction score
thanks, i was thinking that or jsut making the iPod hook up simple and going with the FM reciever.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, i was thinking that or jsut making the iPod hook up simple and going with the FM reciever.

Yeah if your not worried about controlling the iPod from the iPod the adapter is the way to go pretty much. My MP3 player is a Creative and I just use the AUX input on my Pioneer cuz there it doen't integrate like the iPod but I like it better than the iPod...lol

FLATLINE

Reaction score
yeah i can deal without the controls on the steering wheel working to change songs. I just have way too much music to put 200 CDs in my truck and need something. Had a Phat Noise system in my VW but didnt work with GM

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll never go near the FM transmitters. They sound like garbage and they can easily get interference ect from radio stations. What stockergt posted is probably going to be one of your better bets for getting your Ipod working with your stock head unit, but I doubt it will sound quite as good as a CD since you still have to screw with the volume on the Ipod ect.

But $180 sounds like alot to spend on something that you're going to get rid of anyway if you really get into your car stereo one day. If you save up another $45, you can have this, which is made for the Ipod:

http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6224

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll never go near the FM transmitters. They sound like garbage and they can easily get interference ect from radio stations. What stockergt posted is probably going to be one of your better bets for getting your Ipod working with your stock head unit, but I doubt it will sound quite as good as a CD since you still have to screw with the volume on the Ipod ect.

But $180 sounds like alot to spend on something that you're going to get rid of anyway if you really get into your car stereo one day. If you save up another $45, you can have this, which is made for the Ipod:

http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6224

Right on! Man I gotta start looking at all the new goodies...lol Its a money pit enough let alone getting all these new gadgets. I guess I am simple.

FLATLINE

Reaction score
With this car I'm planning on staying simple. Went all out on my Jetta and enjoyed it but spent a lot of money on some stupid things. Sure was fun though.

Air Filter and bigger tires are pretty much all i have planned for this one.