is this your first Gm Full size SUV or have you been a long time buyer???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your like me you have been buying GM suv's all your life im personally on my 7th GMC started since i was 16, and will most likely keep buying then until i die or they stop makeing them.

so is this your first, or have you been a long time gm lover??? please post how long and how many you have had in the past. and some details, (ie, year, trim, options etc)

i will start.

1987 (i was 16 this was 2003) K5 blazer 4x4 (with silverado packedge) , had no A/C a bad radio, but an engine that wouldnt quit. plus i never put the top on.

1991 2500 gmc suburban, same as the K5 just bigger (dont remember trim, had cloth seats) (I also miss this truck dearly as its the truck i became a man on was 17), engine that was bullit proof, and could tow houses

1993 chevy ( like a 2 door tahoe) k5 blazer (ls or what ever, had cloth), could not take off the roof and i missed the extra space, nice truck though

1996 1500 GMC suburban 2wd (SLT). liked the new style but missed the 2500 engine.

1999 Gmc suburban 2500 2wd. LOVED IT (SLT), big block 7.4 liter, all the space, but since i started makeing great money (was 2006 then) i said its time to treat my self. so i bought the next one

2006 Gmc Yukon Xl 4x4 with 5.3 liter flex (SLT). THIS THING WAS SOLID AS A ROCK , NEVER HAD ISSUES (except for a blown tranny, my fault though), and had more power than any other one i had driven. Thought you would have to chop my hands off to give the keys away. but alas, i started thinking pratical, i beat the $hit out of this thing, was out of warrenty, and repairs were gunna get costly. sooooo on to the next one.

a 2007 Gmc yukon Xl 2wd (SLT), BEST TRUCK YET. glad i made the move, this one will take a hack saw to get the keys out of my hands. best ever GM, keep them coming.

now i have had some other cars in my years (yes even some fords ) but nothing has changed my ways completly yet.

so whats yall stories.

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
This is actually my first GM suv, but I've always been a diehard GM guy. Out of the 22 or so cars I've owned, only two have been anything other than GM; a turbocharged SVO Mustang and an Eddie Baurer Expedition. I sent a rod through the side of the oil pan racing the 'stang. The Expedition I bought brand new and started having problems a couple years later. So, I got rid of that and now I have my 'hoe.

GMTech48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trading the '06 Trailblazer SS on an '08 Z71......had enough of the 11 mpg on high test, although I'll miss the 13.6 sec 1/4 mile 400 hp LS2!

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a first for me. I've always been a Toyota/Lexus guy.....GS430, LS400 and Tacomas...and still currently have a 06 Highlander for the wifey.

I've always "liked" the Tahoes over the years but not enough to buy one. Then I fell in love with the new style and interior and said...why not.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe is my first SUV. I've always driven cars before. I'll probably drive the Tahoe regularly for a while, then I'll keep it as a third car for trips etc. and probably go back to a sedan (I've got my eye on the G8).

porkanbeans

Reaction score
My '08 is my second vehicle ever, and my first ever vehicle was my '03!

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
me and my family have been buying gm trucks/suvs for a while now. me personally have owned 4. first was a 03 z71 silverado when i was 15 my dad handed it down to me even tho it was only a few months old and drove it till i was 18 when i bought a 07 2500hd dmax. then in november of 07 i bought my 07 tahoe. and in january of 08 I traded in the 2500 for a 3500 dually. im really getting the itch for a new 2500hd again but i cant trade the dually in since its for work and i really dont want to give the hoe up...

oh and right now weve got 6 gm trucks in our driveway (00 sub, 06 denali xl, 2 07 hoes, 07 sub, 08 dually)

Denali132

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 GM's

This is my 3rd GM SUV, 2004 Z-71 Tahoe(black) 2004 GMC Yukon Denali (silver) and the one I have now 2007 GMC Yukon Denali (sport red metallic) and loved them all.

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always driven sports cars or coupes before. I wanted something large as the market price is lower for SUVs at this time and wanted it for winter driving and travels.
Gas wasn't the biggest concern for me as I drive less than 9000 miles per year.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
if your like me you have been buying GM suv's all your life im personally on my 7th GMC started since i was 16, and will most likely keep buying then until i die or they stop makeing them.

so is this your first, or have you been a long time gm lover??? please post how long and how many you have had in the past. and some details, (ie, year, trim, options etc)

i will start.

1987 (i was 16 this was 2003) K5 blazer 4x4 (with silverado packedge) , had no A/C a bad radio, but an engine that wouldnt quit. plus i never put the top on.

1991 2500 gmc suburban, same as the K5 just bigger (dont remember trim, had cloth seats), engine that was bullit proof, and could tow houses

1993 chevy ( like a 2 door tahoe) k5 blazer (ls or what ever, had cloth), could not take off the roof and i missed the extra space, nice truck though

1996 1500 GMC suburban 2wd (SLT). liked the new style but missed the 2500 engine.

1999 Gmc suburban 2500 2wd. LOVED IT (SLT), big block 7.4 liter, all the space, but since i started makeing great money (was 2006 then) i said its time to treat my self. so i bought the next one

2006 Gmc Yukon Xl 4x4 with 5.3 liter flex (SLT). THIS THING WAS SOLID AS A ROCK , NEVER HAD ISSUES (except for a blown tranny, my fault though), and had more power than any other one i had driven. Thought you would have to chop my hands off to give the keys away. but alas, i started thinking pratical, i beat the $hit out of this thing, was out of warrenty, and repairs were gunna get costly. sooooo on to the next one.

a 2007 Gmc yukon Xl 2wd (SLT), BEST TRUCK YET. glad i made the move, this one will take a hack saw to get the keys out of my hands. best ever GM, keep them coming.

now i have had some other cars in my years (yes even some fords ) but nothing has changed my ways completly yet.

so whats yall stories.

I drove a Jetta, fun car, but small and expensive to maintain, we went to the Chevy dealer looking for an Impala for my wife she said a long time ago Tahoe's were cool. I was surprised when we were suddenly test driving an 07 with the baby seats in it and my then 6 year old was saying, we are so buying this! We bought it and I have been in love every since. I am hooked on the power and the quality of the truck. I love big and powerful! I love the look of the GMT 900 body style. I call it my poor mans Cadillac. I also had an old 89 Jeep Cherokee, good jeep but at 250,000 it was starting to fall apart so I got rid of it, as I was once am off roader. I love the power of the Tahoe, it thinks it's a big Corvette.:D

anglarry05

Reaction score
My first GM product was my 96 sonoma. It was also my most troublesome child. I still love her. I handed the keys to the mother in law in 06, as her car needed tons of work. My next was an 02 Avalanche. She had a couple probs, but was nickel and diming me. I didnt have to cash to keep her tip top shape. She could kept going as is, but Im picky. My next was an 06 trailblazer, after the wife totaled her suzuki. THen I traded the 02 avalanche for an 04 avalanche. I did that cuz as I stated before, the 02 was nickel and dimeing me, plus I wanted the sunburst orange. Just 2 months ago, we traded the trailblazer for our 08 Tahoe. My only non chevy I bought was my first car, my 95 honda civic, which I still have, and is my project car. I intend on staying GM.

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my second GM SUV. Had an 03 Hummer H2 before the 07 Tahoe Z71. Before that I had an 89 Ford Bronco and then a 92 Ford Bronco. The 89 was a piece of crap (that Bronco was the reason FORD stands for "fix or repair daily". At the same time I had the Bronco's I had a couple of Cadillacs (a 98 El Dorado and a 03 Deville) Before that I had a 70 Firebird Formula 400, a 74 Vet, a 260Z, a Chevy El Camino, a 64 Pontiac Catalina and before that an assorted bunch of beaters I'd rather not talk about. Except for a couple of slip ups over the years I've always pretty much been a GM man.

Bowtie101

Reaction score
This is actually my first GM suv, but I've always been a diehard GM guy. Out of the 22 or so cars I've owned, only two have been anything other than GM; a turbocharged SVO Mustang and an Eddie Baurer Expedition. I sent a rod through the side of the oil pan racing the 'stang. The Expedition I bought brand new and started having problems a couple years later. So, I got rid of that and now I have my 'hoe.

First Chevy EVER. Always been a Ford guy (my dad is going to kill me when he finds out) but this truck is BY FAR the nicest truck I have ever owned!

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First car I ever owned was a 1996 Acura RL. Drove that for a year and a half. My mother actually bought a 2002 LT Tahoe which I didn't like cuz at the time I hated SUV's. I drove it a couple of times and didn't like the feel of it. Then one day I drove it when it had about 8,000 miles and I fell in love. I took it off her hands and never looked back. Just purchased an 08 Hoe LTZ and I'm very satisfied so far.