IT HAS COME TO MY ATTN you dnt have to take off the wheel well panel to change lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dnt have to take off the wheel well panel to change lights (like hids... or whole housing like mine)
you can just unscrew the screws on the light and the screws at top of the grill and it will wiggle out... with no probs!! trust me! i did it plenty times... THIS WILL MAKE YOUR INSTALLATION LIKE 45MINS FASTER! i can do pics if u wnt..

macgyver

Reaction score
Not if the bolt behind the fender is torqued to factory specs. You run the risk of breaking the tab off the headlight.

I prefer just to do it right and take loose the front fender liner enough to get a hand inside to loosen the bolt. But you are correct that the bolt doesn't need to be removed completely.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine without removing the headlights period. :)

For the fogs though, I did remove part of the liner so that I had somewhere to mount the ballasts/ignitors. I did notice you can also pull the fog housings off from the outside to change bulbs, etc. without needing to go in from behind.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you try to take out the Headlight with out going though the back and removing the 3rd rear bolt you will break the tab for sure, this too happened to me so I know what I'm talking about.
I'm pretty sure yall broke your tabs and don't even know it.
Plus to mount ballast or both the fogs and Headlight why wouldn't you take the housings out completely!