Just a little change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled the roof rack off today..took 10 min..I like it alot better..I just have to figure out what to do with the screw holes..i dont believe they are sealed so i put the bolts back in..I may get some screws with allen heads that will sit flush..any ideas? Next is pull the black strips off the top, debadge, and tint the tails..may have to wait until spring though..gettin cold out

Before
CIMG4371.jpg

Now(crappy pictures)
Tahoeroof.jpg

tahoeroof2.jpg

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. Less is more when it comes to customizing our rides. I like the way your Hoe is coming along.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what did you do about the holes

for now I just put the screws back in..the holes have a piece in them with threads..im not sure if they are closed on the bottom, if they were I could leave the screws out, but since i dont know i left them in..Im going to get some screws with allen heads so i can screw them in flush, then paint those smal parts with some pewter paint to make them blend in more..thats about the best you can do without welding the holes up

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nickleahy23, thats exactly what I did. When I pulled the rack off the Denali, I closed them off with allen head screws so they would sit flush. You dont want to remove the threaded inserts completely because its nice to have the ability to put them back on later just in case. I did however put some black silicone in the thread before I put the screws in, then put black silicone over the top (smoothly) to seal it from water leaks and rust. Nice job though, it looks a lot nicer. Heres a pic of how mine turned out, I'll see if I have any pics of the results after I closed them off.

SANY0713.jpg

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I took mine off but didn't like the way it looked so I kept the side rails. I'm going up a gnarly trail to get my xmas tree over thanksgiving and needed something to secure the tree to.

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to mention the whole Christmas tree thing also lol

Your missing an antenna on the roof boost...was it the XM antenna? and if so, did you relocate for aftermarket or something? and how'd you close that hole?
..also, why is your other antenna so much smaller then mine? =(

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to mention the whole Christmas tree thing also lol

Your missing an antenna on the roof boost...was it the XM antenna? and if so, did you relocate for aftermarket or something? and how'd you close that hole?
..also, why is your other antenna so much smaller then mine? =(

2 reasons. 02, Onstar was a classic carphone antenna on the driverside third row window. Xm was not available in 02.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep I love the little stubby onstar, yet another reason why I bought an 02 (tcase especially).

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a side note, Blizzard, the location of where you took the picture of your Denali is about 15-20 miles west of where I reside. Small world. Little changes go a long way.

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh...really? Thats pretty kool...small world indeed! =) The place I'm parked infront of is also the "wagon wheel" in the movie Cars ;)

agreed, the small subtle mods are what makes our trucks look the cleanest. Are you going to lift/lower your truck at all? the blacked out tails will look nice on your truck

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to leave the suspension stock for now, just want to get some new wheels for it. Then put these black wheels back on my 94 Kon. Blacked out tails would be nice, along with a maybe a wire mesh grill. Wouldn't want it too flashy.

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan....leave being overly flashy to the ricers

How about you Nickleahy23, you going to lift/lower your truck? Debadged and tinted tails will look great

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He better fvckin lower that sh*t, I've got keys and coils waiting for him once he stops being such a vaginamcginstein.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey now..im workin on it..i figured i should pay off a few bills and chit before i start modding it more lol..but ya I plan on lowering it 3/5 and pickin up some wheels at some point.

Blizzardx23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paying off bills huh? good, thats the more responsible thing to do. I've just paid off my Denali...its so much easier to pay for mods after you've taken care of your bills first.

I want to lower mine as well....but I have 22s with 45 series tires...I donno what would be best yet =/ I was going to bag it but not anymore, I just want it lowered and level now.

I put it in google adn the second thing listed WAS THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!

bahahahahah....this thread is now #1 on google if you search for it again lol...

bdhmsg

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pics of the roof from the top when you just unbolt it like this?